Reorganize teams

(Davide Principi) #1

The support team is well structured and active. It is building our community of Nethserverians :wink:

Why other teams aren’t so successful?

Why mrmarkuz or mark_nl aren’t members of Dev team too?

How one become member of docs_team? Who are the coordinators?

We Are NethServer - Community Overview - Sep 18
(Alessio Fattorini) #3

For other groups we miss:

• rules to be accepted into the group. Example: having at least a set of badges based on your commitment
  • specific goals of the group. Helping people following our rukes and earn “solved topics”
  • active coordinator (or more than one) that suggest people and lead the group. In this case being on the front line supporting people

(Davide Principi) #4

Can we use the “solved” concept also for topics in #bug and #feature categories? They can count to become members of Dev Team, for instance…

Does discourse provide other ways to assign badges semi-automatically?

(Marc) #5

For the support team group I think we miss formerly agreeing with a simplified decision making process and publishing it on this first post with the recommendations for the new support team members. Publishing them will ease the whole process. We are almost there.

If helps, I track badges through RSS feed.

A generic approach to maintain any group, would be to periodically (yearly, per semester…) do a meeting to evaluate organization, do cleanups, update wiki, et cetera. For instance a roundtable in NethServer conference where non-assistants could also collaborate online.

(Alessio Fattorini) #6

Agree. We should setup:

• a post for every group like this
  • choose a coordinator.
  • guidelines to be accepted and stay into the group

@davidep would you like to re-structure the dev group?

That’s a smart way to to scale our community and involve new contributors.

(Davide Principi) #7

Do you mean a topic?

(Alessio Fattorini) #8

Yes, I modified the post

(Alessio Fattorini) #9

Just shared this discussion in public. Let’s try to scale our community!

(Davide Principi) #10

Ok, I’m waiting for OpenHub stats to come back to see if it can help to track NethServer contributors/developers. Should be a matter of hours now…

https://www.openhub.net/p/nethserver/

(Alessio Fattorini) #11

Nice try but I can’t still see anything