Nethserver-portainer needs testers AND ideas :D

A post was split to a new topic: Help needed with firewall and nethserver-docker

For any one who is using the docker swarm and I repeat this is only for docker swarm

to install traefik reverse proxy

docker network create --driver=overlay traefik-net

this creates a new overlay network for traefik to work on

then we need to create the service

docker service create
–name traefik
–constraint=node.role==manager
–publish 80:80
–publish 8080:8080
–mount type=bind,source=/var/run/docker.sock,target=/var/run/docker.sock
–network traefik-net
traefik:v1.6
–docker
–docker.swarmmode
–docker.domain=traefik
–docker.watch
–web

then you can access it via local ip :8080

web where documentation for this

@stephdl, I tried to install nethserver-docker recently and never succeed to log onto portainer; always got 500 server errors.

Decided it was really too cutting edge technology and preferred to go for a DO droplet and uninstalled the thing.

Now I get plenty of those messages :

Dec 16 20:37:51 mattlabs nmbd[30919]: [2018/12/16 20:37:51.755513,  0] ../source3/libsmb/nmblib.c:873(send_udp)                                                                                                                                                            │
Dec 16 20:37:51 mattlabs nmbd[30919]:  Packet send failed to 172.28.255.255(138) ERRNO=Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                                             │
Dec 16 20:37:51 mattlabs nmbd[30919]: [2018/12/16 20:37:51.755637,  0] ../source3/libsmb/nmblib.c:873(send_udp)                                                                                                                                                            │
Dec 16 20:37:51 mattlabs nmbd[30919]:  Packet send failed to 172.28.255.255(138) ERRNO=Operation not permitted                                                                                                                                                             │
Dec 16 20:38:10 mattlabs systemd: Starting Time & Date Service...                

Maybe there is something not handled when uninstalling.

Txs :slight_smile:

Bump next steps

4 Likes

Wow. That’s really a moving target nowadays…

Could be an idea for GSoC :thinking:

also this seems a good news:

Now we should try to use portainer with podman, a user interface is a good point too :slight_smile:

new try and new features on portainer, it rocks

3 Likes

NO idea what this all means, but sounds exciting! :slight_smile:

Let us know more!

Having read through this thread and this one, I’m a little confused, as it seems we’re discussing several different approaches to getting Docker working on Nethserver. I’d like to deploy a Bitwarden installation on one of my Neth boxes–what would be the best way to get the Docker environment working to do that?

1 Like

I’d like to experiment with podman :heart:

1 Like

So:

Podman -> Container -> Kubernetes :wink:

1 Like

Redhat loves podman

2 Likes

Sorry for bumping up but nethserver-docker/portainer isn’t available anymore from the repositories.

Is there a way to provide it again? Shall I upload it to nethforge? @stephdl @davidep

As far as I know we never release it, the source is at

Not sure it is stable enough

It was in nethforge-testing but isn’t anymore.
It’s working good here so I’d like to provide it again.

2 Likes

Do not know, we need maybe to merge the branch on master, build the rpm & push it to nethforge or create the travis build file, commit the comps github repository to allow to install it with the software center, find a dev who will provide love.

What do you think @davidep

1 Like

Side question: will be docker supported into NethServer 8?
IMVHO what Nethesis is trying to avoid is maintaining a package for which function RedHat is sponsoring another competitor…