NethServer Version: v7.3
Module: Email, POP3 Connector
My aim is to set up an internal E-Mail server:
- Sending of E-Mails is done via a Smarthost.
- Receiving of E-Mails should be done via a catch-all account. This is a requirement and can’t be discussed away. Reason is (amongst others) that E-Mail accounts should not be aministrated and maintained twice.
Things I’ve done so far:
- Installed NethServer with accounts provider Samba Active Directory with domain xyz.intern, host name is zeus
- Created new E-Mail domain xyz.de (deliver locally)
- Deleted E-Mail domain xyz.intern (because this confuses the users, having E-Mail addresses, that can’t be reached from outside and even can’t send E-Mails because of limitation in the Smarthost)
- Configured Smarthost
- Added users via RSAT-Tools, E-Mail-addresses are email@example.com
Now I want to configure a catch-all-account as seen in this post:
So I configured the POP3 connector for using the catch-all-account at pop.1und1.de.
Mail address = *@xyz.de Protocol = POP3 with SSL Server address = smtp.1und1.de Username = *@xyz.de Password = **** Deliver messages to = firstname.lastname@example.org Check this account every = 5 minutes
I’ve overriden the following two sections (as seen in the quoted post) in the resulting file in /email@example.com
[retriever] type = MultidropPOP3SSLRetriever server = pop.1und1.de username = *@xyz.de password = ********** envelope_recipient = envelope-to:1 [destination] type = MDA_external path = /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda arguments = ("-e","-d","%(recipient)") user = vmail group = vmail
(I know this is overriden each time there is a nethserver-getmail-update, but to keep that post simple: that’s a later issue)
But I have one problem: I want to catch all E-Mails. Even the E-Mail with (in NethServer) not defined E-Mail adresses and deliver them (e.g.) to an firstname.lastname@example.org account. But E-Mails with unknown account/user are not delivered, an error is sent to the root account:
Subject: Cron <root@zeus> /usr/bin/flock -n -E 0 /email@example.com -c "/usr/bin/getmail --getmaildir /var/lib/getmail/ --rcfile /firstname.lastname@example.org --quiet" Date: 2017-02-13 20:29 From: "(Cron Daemon)" <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Delivery error (command dovecot-lda 11566 error (67, ))
I tried to check the “Accept unknown recipients” in the E-Mail domain xyz.de and set email@example.com as receiver, but this did not work.
And I can’t see any settings for getmail or dovcot lda to deliver E-Mail with unknown account/user to an default account.
Has anyone an idea how to get this working?