As you may know, we’re head down on the new NethServer management interface: Cockpit
@giacomo has already collected here goals and principles behind this new feature
Now it’s time to join our forces and create a real community-driven project where feedback and suggestions become essential.
Cockpit is in Developing Stage so there is much room for improvement but at the same time it’s stable enough to use it, near the current NethGUI.
How to install and access at Cockpit?
yum install nethserver-cockpit
or via Software Center clicking on
New Server Manager (Alpha)
Then, you can access the web interface:
How to contribute to the project?
You can contribute to the project in two ways:
Play with the new interface, find common usage scenarios, ask for new features, share your thoughts and report:
- usability concerns
- unclear labels
- Read the brand new developer guide for the web interface: https://nethserver.github.io/nethserver-cockpit
Get your hands dirty:
- try to improve an existing page
- create a new page (@edoardo_spadoni a wonderful tool to scaffold a whole new module)
- port an old module to the new interface
What are we working on?
@giacomo kept us updated on the last things at FOSDEM
- Firewall (with all related modules like web proxy, IPS, etc) Coming
- MailServer Coming
- Delegation Coming
We’re strongly looking for feedback and we’d like to involve the whole community in the process, please add your comment below.