How to Add Dashboard Storage Monitor?

Hi all. Sorry if this is all ready covered else where my search skill ant the best.
So please do point me in the right direction if so.

When I installed my Neth system I manually partitioned the system as bellow.

/ = 1TB SSD
/var/lib/nethserver = Software RAID6

In the dash for this system it only shows space usage of the root partition but I would like to add another usage monitor for my RAID6.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions on how I might go about doing this.

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.6.1810 (final)
Module: Dashboard

Please have a look at nethserver-cockpit - the new server manager.

It shows RAID and filesystems and much more.

1 Like

So I’ve been using cockpit for some time now.

Looks good so far though it’s dashboard still only reports storage details for the systems root partition.
Sure if I dig (ok, click on storage) I find information regarding other storage devices but I’d quite like the information available from the dashboard too.

So are there plans to allow users to be able to customize the dashboard?

How difficult would it be for me to add information about say a software RAID dev?

Any information or pointing to per-existing posts on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated as I’ve spent the last few hours looking and sadly my search skills (or lack there of) have so far let me down.

Yes there is an idea to make customisable the dashboard, each widget could be a vue component, it could be a nice improvement

However you will need to know some JS/vueJS stuff for the front and bash/perl scripting for the back.

1 Like