Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 14 on NethServer 7

Ill try the scl enviroment as soon as i get back

A post was split to a new topic: Errore during Bandwidthd installation

3 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to run installation FreePBX scripts

I have had a couple of Sipgate accounts that I have been using for a couple of years and have been recently thinking about incorporating them as trunks into Asterisk, I am interested in the progress of Asterisk / FreePBX usage within NS7.

1 Like

Good to know! Please test it and let us know your feelings or issues.

1 Like

Hi brilliant people.

I am trying to install FreePBX on a fresh Nethserver 7 beta 2 server, but am getting package conflicts errors. If I skip these conflicts, Asterisk does not install at all:

ā€”> Package libfontenc.x86_64 0:1.1.2-3.el7 will be installed
ā€“> Processing Conflict: asterisk13-voicemail-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64 conflicts asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage
ā€“> Processing Conflict: asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64 conflicts asterisk13-voicemail-filestorage
ā€“> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: asterisk13-voicemail conflicts with asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64
Error: asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage conflicts with asterisk13-voicemail-13.9.1-1.17.sng.x86_64
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Any ideas?

Youā€™re right, I can reproduce the issue. I still donā€™t get why it happens, but for now you can workaround the problem installing with command

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage nethserver-freepbx

instead of yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx

3 Likes

Hi Stefano. That solved the problem :smile: Thank you for your quick responseā€¦ now I am off to test!

Ciao

2 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™ve finally came around to test freepbx on nethserver 7 but the installation process hangs after the ā€œSetting permissionsā€ part - Iā€™ve used the commands above posted by Stefano. Freepbx seems to be partially installed - i see the modules on NS GUI - but the services are not running (they can be launch manually) and it is not possible to access the web interface of freepbx.
Iā€™m testing it on a NS7 b2, installed from rpm on a kimi (OVH) dedicated server. For testing pruposes, almost all modules are enabled and Iā€™ve further installed fail2ban.
Any ideas what is causing the installation to hang? I remember it took quite some time for the post-installation scripts to run but after a couple hours I rendered to the fact that it was indeed hang.

Hi @Fred,
Iā€™m trying to figure it out right now.
workaround:
stop installation with ctrl+c and launch signal-event nethserver-freepbx-update

1 Like

Woks like a charm. Thanks!
I Look forward to give it a go and report back.

edit: @Stll0 uff, when i first logon it tells me I have 14 tampered files!!!
running fwconsole ma refreshsignatures I get the following error:
ā€œUpdating Hooksā€¦PHP Fatal error: Canā€™t use method return value in write context in /var/www/html/freepbx/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc/auth/modules/Msad.php on line 600ā€
When i run fwconsole chown gives me the same error.
Any ideas?

edit 2: Whatever i do i get that error. Iā€™ve tried uninstalling ucp, so i could reinstall userman, but the same error shows upā€¦

1 Like

Hi guys, sorry im without internet and so limited to access. I should up and running by tuesday next weeek. I will be back then sorry.

Do you use scl for running fwconsole?

/usr/bin/scl enable rh-php56 ā€˜fwconsole ma refreshsignaturesā€™

No, I donā€™t - but I guess I should?
Iā€™ve messed up with the installation of Alfresco so decided to reformat the server again and start over. Will be installing freepbx shortly and report back.
Thanks for the help.

edit: So, I should use /usr/bin/scl enable rh-php56 before any fwconsole command?

Yes you should: FreePBX 14 uses PHP 5.6 but CentOS 7 has 5.4. We provide PHP 5.6 using scl https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL

Thanks, will try.

Isnā€™t there a way to make fwconsole automatically invoke php.5.6 every time without manually adding the prefix?

Also, is freepbx compartmentalized? i.e., is itā€™s resources independent from the rest of the server so it;s performance is not impacted by the other processes/services running on the server?

Thanks for your work and for making this happen, I think its a great addition to the project.

Sadly no :frowning:
But you can do this on a running shell:

source /opt/rh/rh-php56/enable
fwconsole

No itā€™s not. FreePBX is a simple web application, it should require resources only during PBX configuration. :slight_smile: We have many FreePBX (freepbx-2.10) installation which run on small servers without issues.

We just updated the packages, could you please try to reinstall on a fresh machine? The installation problem should be fixed :wink:

1 Like

Will try in a few minutes and report back.

Should I install with
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install asterisk13-voicemail-odbcstorage nethserver-freepbx
or
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx
?

I think
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx

If it doesnā€™t succeed, Iā€™d try:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-freepbx Dependency problem has been fixed too