Windows Server 2022 with Nethserver

NethServer Version: 7.9
Module: AD

Good night people

I have Windows Server 2022 in the Matrix and I have it in other filiations, so I put the NethServer in one of them and connected it to the Matrix AD if I turn off my server in the Matrix, in the filiations that I placed the Nethserver the user is not authenticating on the machine , he can only log in with his user, because the password is “saved”, but if he puts another user it says that it is not possible to enter with the credential because the domain is not available. Note: When I access the Nethserver via IP, the groups and users are correctly synchronized. Is it possible to do what I’m trying or am I doing something wrong.

Hello

And welcome to the Nethserver community.

Does your NethServer have a single NIC - or several. IE it’s also acting as router…

NethServer can NOT act as replacement AD if it is not AD itself.
It can be a member, but not an AD.

This can be done, it’s been documented here somewhere, but you’re more or less on your own, as this is beyound the scope of NethServer…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

I asked this here sometime ago:

Best solution by far is the one that @Andy_Wismer suggested, PROXMOX! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

“Does your NethServer have a single NIC - or several. IE it’s also acting as router…”
There are two, using as a firewall to, closing the VPN with the Matrix

“This can be done, it’s been documented here somewhere, but you’re more or less on your own, as this is beyound the scope of NethServer…”
Hm, I’ll look for something about it, but I’m suffering already lol

“I asked this here sometime ago:”
I’ll take a look, sorry for the question but in the example it’s Samba4 with Samba4, would it be possible with Windows Server?

"Best solution by far is the one that @Andy_Wismer suggested, PROXMOX! :stuck_out_tongue:
Could you explain me better? :face_with_peeking_eye:

"

Well, this is with windows 2003 server

PROXMOX is a VM/CT manager, you can use it to create reliable backups and all good stuff that comes with it.

Recently i had a very bad experience using nethserver backup(AD and all packs envolved)… lol, it all worked out ok, but with proxmox (using as backup) i could make it work in maybe 5 minutes and not 4 hours (late night).

1 Like