Webtop5 and schedule resources (not people)

webtop5

(Michael Kicks) #1

I am a WebTop N00b. Totally.

Therefore, please please please (with postifx on top), be kind and do not whip me with an ethernet cable because i’m asking. :slight_smile:
Is there a built-in (or pluggable) feature for schedule/assign “resources” just like meeting rooms, tools, services (to book in advance) in WebTop?
I am aware that most of resources should have a “proper” user/mailbox for correctly build a calendar…

(Giacomo Sanchietti) #2

I don’t think Webtop has such a feature, but for mail you can use quotas.

@webtop_team any hints?

(Michael Kicks) #3

:sweat: pretty useless for avoid quarrels into corridors just like “i want that room!” “no, i reserved it before and I need it far more than you”…

Without beer or popcorn for enjoy catfights.

(gabriele_bulfon) #4

We do this regularly at our customers, just by creating specific calendars or calendar roots with specific names (meeting room1, show room milano, etc) and sharing them to the users witch specific rights (read only to viewers, write to mantainers). Sharing roots allows to subdivide the resource into contexts with different colors and names, that you can easily turn on an off in the view. For example, a show room with allocated appointments for agents, will have different event colors for different agents.

If you need a mailbox for this, nothing stops you to do it.

(Michael Kicks) #5

The advantage for specific calendars is that the manager for the resources can approve or refuse any reservation.

Is there any documentation for creating “Calendar roots”?

(gabriele_bulfon) #6

Specific resources management in calendars is something we’re probably going to introduce in the new roadmap, with specific features as you suggested.

At the moment “calendar roots” are actually fake users (“room1”,“car2”) that shares their own calendars to other users, read or write.