Since I’m recently working on our new site and taking my Community Strategy course at CMX, I happened to reflect on our Vision/Mission and Values.
Vision is how you see the world in the future.
Mission is how your community/project is working to create that future.
Values are the principles that guide your community/project’s internal conduct and its relationship with its users, and partners.
Working on that it’s not so unuseful or just marketing stuff, it’s “Starting with why”.
Why are we here? Why We’re Doing What We’re Doing?
So, I tried to put my thoughts on paper:
- Vision: Making sysadmin’s life easier with Open Source
- Mission: To leverage the power of Linux without the complexity
- Values: Community First, Linux Easy for everyone, All-in-One, Open, Simple, Customizable.
NethServer helps sysadmins being successful in the IT space by leveraging all the power of a Linux server without complexity
EDIT: Alternative proposed by @fasttech
NethServer supports the community of sysadmins, be they home or business, with a powerful package of software to serve everyone, that will be free, open, dependable and sustainable for the long term.
- Vision: making NethServer strongly community-driven
- Mission: building NethServer with the most vibrant, supportive and friendly community in the open source space (and not just…)
- Values: put human factor first (or At NethServer we put people first.), learn by doing, be always inclusive, don’t be afraid to ask ‘stupid questions’, YOUR Participation Counts, community belongs to all of us.
We help IT professionals being successful with NethServer and Linux by connecting them to the most vibrant, supportive and friendly community in the Open Source space (and not just…)