Sogo don't send appointments

This might very well be the solution to my issue as well …

samba ad on nethserver 1
sogo on nethserver 2

samba ad domain: ad.example.com
mail domain: example.com

user account: user1@example.com
user mail: initials.name@example.com

symptoms: mailboxes will not share between users seemingly because the used folder structure varies over how it is accessed … either using ‘user’ or ‘user@example.com’, and thus making a mess of both ACL’s and mail locations.

You might have solved my months old problem in the same go :wink:

Edit: sigh, it doesnt … but it did gave me new ideas :slight_smile:

If i understand well, you have created a ‘mail’ field for each user with a ‘phpldapadmin’ like in the sambaAD

the field already exist. As nethserver is my DC für Windows machines I used AD Tools from inside Windows 2012 to simply add the correct email address:

But same can be done with phpldapadmin.
It is a standard field in AD, but empty if a user is created over Nethserver or Windows, too.

it reminds me something… see SOGo and AD brainstorming

2 Likes

I recall :slight_smile:

My concern is that the field ‘email’ must be adaptable and changed on demand by the sysadmin, and of course for each user :slight_smile:

Even if we create this field with a value during the user creation, it won’t be the good one soon.
Probably when the mail aliases is created we could imagine to give the good value to the mail field, but It could be heavy to the sysadmin to create each alias for each user.

well it is a workaround, but at least I would prefer that sogo answers and fix what I think is a bug.

yes seems to be the same problem! If I only saw your thread earlier…

I do not see any side effect. Mails are coming in, no additional directorys under vmail path.
I use alias email addreses to forward the real email address to intern.org mailboxes (primary domain, also used for authentication of SOGo)

1 Like

I’m not sure anymore, if this is a SOGo bug. Sogo is using the email from MailFieldNames and this seems to be stronger than manually setting a customized email under imap settings.
The fact that manually setting a customized email in imap setings is only used half (for mails but not for events) is the problem - a missunderstandig is the result. The Sogo Doc is not that detailed about it, too.

I will keep my bug submission in, to see if there is a comment and maybe this can be enhanced…

1 Like

It seems that the patch is coming

they became busy during the last weeks. Looks like this would be another way to force Thunderbird/Ligthning to send the invation emails direct (without the server).

1 Like