Password Management like Bitwarden/Vaultwarden-Module

I would like a Bitwarden/Vaultwarden-Module.
Password Management is one of the important things for admins and user.
I have been using 1Password for 10 years and would like to have an alternative.

2 Likes

@capote A VAultwarden App for Nethserver 8 is work in progress from the lis tof Apps here

NS8-Modules Mayhem: A Modules Dev thread on multiple modules issues faced - Development - NethServer Community

the module itself is available here compgeniuses/ns8-vaultwarden (github.com) but not yet in useable state.

At the moment stuck at

looks like i am only limited to using these two methods 2024-02-06T11:35:36+03:00 [1:vaultwarden2:vaultwarden-app] Please generate a secure Argon2 PHC string by using vaultwarden hash or argon2.

And mor einfo as documented here: Enabling admin page - vaultwarden - Gitlockr | A self hosted version of Gitea

PHC is found here: phc-string-format/phc-sf-spec.md at master · P-H-C/phc-string-format (github.com)

let me see if i can put in some more time for it over the weekend and get it working

Has there been any movement or resolve on this? I am very interested in this as well.

Thanks,
-SF-

You may know of this already, but if not I hope it helps.

-SF-

Hello @Shadowfire i am yet to find some time to work on the said module,
I have some window available in the coming weekend, i can look into it, and potentially make it available to the community.
meanwhile ill have @kemboielvis22 take a look into it before then.
Thank you for your interest

3 Likes

Okay i will check on it

3 Likes

Thank @oneitonitram and @kemboielvis22. I appreciate you guys. Hope to see it working soon. Have a wonderful day!

-SF-

1 Like

SEND MAIL
Screenshot from 2024-05-28 03-36-11
SMTP

I am getting this issues
WHen i check the smarthost.env it has the SMTP Details
Any lead on how to solve them
@stephdl

Looks like it has something to do with the SMTP_HOST= and SMTP_FROM= in configuration

I did some searching around to see if I could find something on those issues you listed and I didn’t find much at all,

I am sure you have probably seen the following already. But I will two items that may lend to what you are seeing. Hopefully one of these help.something may help.

Valtwarden SMTP Configuration

Have a good day!
-SF-

@stephdl are the configurations under Notifications menu in Ns8 loaded as smarthost configs?
here

Basically, if SMTP is defined with vaultwarden, and no vales are found, then the app will fail to work.

Equally, if values have been defined say by default, the app will think, you have working smtp and will make use of that for intial email authentication.

Finnaly the first pre release of vault warden is on

Let follow the discussion here

Also another issue i have realised smarthost.env is not loaded

4 Likes

Nice job @kemboielvis22 ! You have kicked NS8 up a notch with this gem. Thanks for your hard work on this. Excited to test it out. I will check this out today.

2 Likes

Am i glad thank you . Am waiting for you feedback

Other modules coming up