NS8-GLPI App - First Pre Release

Dear All, I am, happy to Announce the Initial Version of GLPI being available. as an ns8 App module module.

To install, simply use

add-module ghcr.io/geniusdynamics/glpi:latest 1

to update the module simply use

api-cli run update-module --data '{"module_url":"ghcr.io/geniusdynamics/glpi:latest","instances":["glpi1"],"force":true}'

Then go to settings and configure

Please give feedback and recommendations
Incase of any issues you can create an issue Here on the github repo and we will work on it

3 Likes

@kemboielvis22 what is it? Can you provide a link to the original project page please?

TIA

Here is the main project

1 Like

@stephdl did GLPI for ns7 have pre-configured Ldap?

Also, would you be open to creating an NS7 to NS8 migration from the same?

@Shane_Treweek documented here some LDap on the interface
from this: GLPI-Latest with FlyveMDM and Fusion inventory - Howto - NethServer Community

Step 5.

To Setup LDAP(Nethserver AD) Under the glpi webinterface go to Setup > Authentication > LDAP directories and fill out the following:

------------------------------------------------LDAP Server Connection----------------------------------------------------

Default server=Servername-(or fqdn either works i believe it’s more of a descriptive name)

Active=Yes

Server=ldaps://ad.yourdomain.tld

Port=636

Connexion filter (all users) : (&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person))
Connexion filter (all enabled users) :(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person)(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))
BaseDN=dc=ad,dc=yourdomain,dc=com,dc=au

RootDN=ldapservice@AD.YOURDOMAIN.COM.AU

Password your password for ldapservice

Login Field=samaccountname

Synchronization field=objectguid

---------------------------Binding to the LDAP directory (at least for anyone using Nethserver as ad)---------

Surname=sn

First name=givenname

Email=mail

Phone=telephonenumber

Mobile phone=mobile

Picture=thumbnailphoto

Location=%{streetaddress},%{postalcode},%{st},%{co}

--------------------Belonging to groups--------------

Search type=Users and Groups

User attribute containing its groups=memberof

Filter to search in groups=(objectClass=user)

I am not really sure if this timezone thing is currently an issue on NS8, Maybe some one could help test this out

--------------------------------------------Advanced information---------------------------------------------------------

LDAP directory timezone=yourGMT Offset if unsure check here *Note if you get an error about mysql cant access timezone use this script thanks to @stephdl

fixtimezone.sh

#!/bin/bash

source /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/enable
mysql --socket=/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/glpi-mysql.sock  -e "GRANT SELECT ON mysql.time_zone_name TO 'glpi'@'%';"
mysql --socket=/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/glpi-mysql.sock -e "FLUSH PRIVILEGES"
su - apache -s /bin/bash -c "/opt/rh/rh-php73/root/bin/php /usr/share/glpi/bin/console glpi:maintenance:enable"
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql --socket=/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/glpi-mysql.sock mysql
su - apache -s /bin/bash -c "/opt/rh/rh-php73/root/bin/php /usr/share/glpi/bin/console glpi:migration:timestamps --no-interaction"
su - apache -s /bin/bash -c "/opt/rh/rh-php73/root/bin/php /usr/share/glpi/bin/console glpi:maintenance:disable"

Domain name used by inventory tool for link the user=ad.yourdomain.com.au

then go to Administration > Users

click on [LDAP Directory Link]

Then Click on [Import new users]

and on [expert mode]

and [search]

then do the same for groups

1 Like

Not for glpi but yes for dolibarr

Hum this needs to be implemented as a side project not sure it can go to nethserver-ns8 -migration

could a forke of nethserver-ns8 -migration that implements glpi, Dolibarr as well as other potential data based systems that would require migration work?

it is opensource so yes it is possible

1 Like

Would you be kind to kindly work on the Glpi as a migratable application.

LEt me see if we can figure out AD and Ldap for the Dolibarr Application

no time for now to work on the module area, my position is to be a core developer :confused:

you can check like roundcubemail works, or mattermost, it will be the same

i asked because you had worked on the Ns7 Modules before, so abit better expereince on the backups and file structure of the module before to be migrated to ns8

:index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1:

2 Likes

HAppy to Announce GLPI App is released
Release 1.0.0 · geniusdynamics/ns8-glpi (github.com)

Submitted to Nethforge glpi by compgeniuses · Pull Request #9 · NethServer/ns8-nethforge (github.com)

1 Like

We have some new GLPI Updates available here: Release 1.1.0 · geniusdynamics/ns8-glpi · GitHub

test by
add-module ghcr.io/geniusdynamics/glpi:1.1.0 1

If updating
api-cli run update-module --data '{"module_url":"ghcr.io/geniusdynamics/glpi:1.1.0","instances":["glpi1"],"force":true}'

SInce we were having challnges with automatically implementing database configurations, we opted to have a custom docker image build available here on github GitHub - geniusdynamics/docker-glpi: Project to deploy GLPI with docker

and published on docker hub here: geniusdynamics/glpi - Docker Image | Docker Hub

The new version should automatically configure database for you, after configurations on the setting ns settings page.

Kindly help test and report any challenges you might face

1 Like

could you try to update to debian 12 for your glpi container docker-glpi/Dockerfile at master · geniusdynamics/docker-glpi · GitHub

then what it could be nice to test also is to remove all content from docker-glpi/glpi-start.sh at master · geniusdynamics/docker-glpi · GitHub and put it inside the docker file to build the image

Good practices would be to only start services in this file and not to download webfile or install php dependencies or to create configuration files at each container start

Like this your container will start well faster

however, nice job :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, will update to latest debian image.

Allow us to figure this out

Thanks for your inputs

You are right, i did notice it taking way too long to start things up and i was wondering what was happening. i guess now i have an answer

1 Like

And if you try to start your container without internet connectivity, the container fails to start

That is a real ‘No go’… Should be ‘atomic proof’ just like the internet :wink:

The Internet certainly s NOT atomic proof.

Just 4 cables cut at the Red Sea, my connection to East Asia / Australia went down from 100 MBit/S to 4 MBit/S…

My 2 cents
Andy

You see? Exactly the essence of the internet being atomic proof by design.Still connected…