Howto install MeshCentral on NethServer

Is this solution not yet ready for wiki?

Iā€™d like to create a module soon and this howto is already wikified so I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth the effort to put it to the wiki.

2 Likes

Makes sense. yeah, you can go ahead and just just straight into a module, i guess.

1 Like

@danb35 greatly integrated mongodb for leanote so I reused it for meshcentral and it seems to work with the epel version. I added it to the howto.

1 Like

great news. as because the same server will be used for both meshcentral and leanoteā€¦

Let me work out, how this is to be done.

Hello,

Any Modules News.

Iā€™ll post as soon as I got something ready to be tested.

1 Like

Is the errors below normal when doing a manual update of meshcentral?

[root@monit meshcentral]# npm install meshcentral
    npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/meshcentral/package.json'
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/meshcentral/package.json'
    npm WARN meshcentral No description
    npm WARN meshcentral No repository field.
    npm WARN meshcentral No README data
    npm WARN meshcentral No license field.

Yes. Meshcentral npm package doesnā€™t provide that basic info suggested by npm. Maybe there is an open bug or request about itā€¦

2 Likes

@dnutan might you have checked out the provided RDP inside meshcentral,
if yes, how does it work really.

Havenā€™t tried MeshCentral with RDP. I think it is supposed to work on Windows with IE or Microsoft Edge, with other browsers you have to install a ClickOnce add-on/extension.
Here is a quick overview:

Also possible to use RDP routing ports through MeshCentral-RoutePlus plugin.

installing this on edge and other chrome based browsers gets it to work.

Yes, on IE it works off the bat

trying to run this command, and now am getting command not found when executing npm commands,

what might be the issue?

Did the scl command before work without error?
I updated recently without issues.

if I wanted to have it accessed from https://ip/meshcentral what specifically would I need to change

You can do the manual install, which had that, but when it was made into a module, we implemented virtual host

2 Likes

ok that makes sense thanks

General question. For your usage needs, do you find any added value to Tactical RMM (remote monitoring & management tool for Windows computers)?

Installation is focused on Debian/Ubuntu or Docker and has some integration with MeshCentral (but that could be removed in the future). At the moment, mainly for Windows clients.
https://wh1te909.github.io/tacticalrmm/mesh_integration/

2 Likes

@dnutan this is a very interesting software

Its has alot of functions oriented to windows only, and has features and functions i wish, or hoped Mesh central would have. am glad there exists an opensource alternative to.

This can actually help me.
Meshcentral + Tactical RMM offers at par features with a product like Pulseway

What kind of meshcentral intergration does it offer
EDIT: MeshCentral Integration - Tactical RMM Documentation (wh1te909.github.io)

@dnutan are you planning to create an install script based on Nethserver?
or essentially a module for it.

from their discord server, installing via docker loses the built-in backup support.