Default Mailaddress in Sogo 3.2 can't be set

nethserver-sogo is not my module, I’m just trying to give support if I can :slight_smile:

If the bug is not reproducible, hard to solve it, maybe @flatspin could help when possible. If you are curious you could make a new VM with sogo installed and try to reproduce it.

SOGo is not bug free, or at least it is well knew like this.

for the moment I will give up on that. As I know the simple workaround this is not high priority. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi @all, just had some time to play again. :slight_smile:
It seems that the only address which is not saved, is the address in the AD-filed.
i.e. a user user@domain.lan. In SOGo I can give an address whatever I want. Every address is saved, exept when I give this user the address user@domain2.loc in the AD-field and try to save this address in SOGo, it isn’t saved. Then it jumps back to user@domain.lan, where domain.lan is the NS7.
Hope this is understandable.

yes this is exactly as it was in my setup before. But now the problem is gone and I don’t know why. So you are the only one at the moment who can reproduce this bug.

@flatspin can you try to reproduce with the trick i asked

Good news, the problem is back!
What I did and why I need this working:
I setup a LDAP address book in Thunderbird to have all users and groups from company (so reading data from AD). This will bring back a list of users only - without email address - so not very useful for an address book (sogo does that different - only shows data entered in NS). But if you fill data into AD e.g. the email address then I can use this LDAP address book and get a list about all users in the system automatically.

So @stephdl what do you want me to do to bring light into it?

see the post above yours, you need to play with vim/nano or eventually webmin like certain does :slight_smile:

thx for this hint @stephdl i make changes there

MailFieldNames = (mail,otherMailbox);

from this source (site)

Forgive my bad english

now i can send without errors over smartphone(i) activesync

2 Likes

what did you change exactly please, and in which file you changed the configuration ?

1 Like

i change the file

/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/sogo/sogo.conf/45user_source

in the lines you provide in your post (84 & 101)

from

MailFieldNames = (“userPrincipalName”,“mail”);

to

MailFieldNames = (mail,otherMailbox);

hope this is it

1 Like

what was the goal of this modification, I worry that you missed the point of your modification. The field ‘userPrincipalName’ in AD is relevant to the email address, and the field ‘mail’ is not part of AD, but of openldap. Obviously the field ‘otherMailbox’ doesn’t exist in LDAP nor AD

this is relevant to an issue when you set a default address email in Windows, you cannot change the default email in sogo…nothing related to issues about active sync
So I don’t understand what was the issue that you have had to change these settings, and if this issue is really solved.

Don’t be afraid to let us know please.

Ps your english is fine :slight_smile:

I will try again later, too…

1 Like

I applied your correction and it works. Now I can give the emailaddress which is in the AD filed. Nomore changing back to default. :thumbsup: Hope this helps. CU all.

1 Like

Can you confirm too ?

YES! I can confirm, too. Working!

2 Likes

super, genial, patch is coming

3 Likes

@asl @flatspin @frx44 a rpm is waiting your tests at nethforge -testing

the changes are https://github.com/stephdl/nethserver-sogo/commit/187a32f8a7bc1705c868c32f15e3d8b3e5f6b579

yum update nethserver-sogo --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

Once tested I will do a PR to the github of Nethserver

5 Likes

hello @stephdl,

I tested it:

1. reverted my manual changes in /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/sogo/sogo.conf/45user_source
  2. verified that I can not set the email
  3. applied the patch
  4. verified that now I can set the email (need to logout and in into Sogo)

Test passed, working.

6 Likes

released in nethforge: nethserver-sogo-1.6.3-1.ns7.noarch.rpm

4 Likes

Same procedure as @asl with same result. :smile:
Congratulation guys, IMO to solve this within 9 days from appearance is best time!! :medal:

4 Likes