Cannot join QNAP to Domain

There is an external DNS server that cannot resolve the AD, you may try using just Nethserver as DNS or activate DHCP.

@Michael_Dahlgren_Nie I think that that page is for “Redundant” DC. You have only primary DC and you are joined.

2 Likes

Ok,
Thanks again for the effort :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

DHCP is activate on nethserver

What about the QNAP? It should use only Nethserver as DNS and not 8.8.8.8 as shown in the picture here.
EDIT:
Maybe it’s not relevant and just for redundant setup…

1 Like

As you can see in qnap, i just have to change the DNS setup. But it does the same.
Domain14

I can also see that there are no users coming from Nethserver.

You are joined as domain member, not as Remote Domain Controller

Ok, I’m a little lost.
When I was on a windows Domain. Came all the users who were in the windows domain over in qnap user, so that i could give it access to the shared folders.
How to do it now?
I must also create them again in qnap?

You have to join domain as remote Active Directory DC and not like a workstation as domain member.
https://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.2/SMB/en/index.html?domain_controller.htm
You should use same parameters of my previous image.

You usually should get the users as domain member but read only.

1 Like

ok, i will test tomorrow. again a thousand thanks for helping.

The guide applies only if qnap is the domain controller

a restart, helps on everything

I’ll try if I can get the other qnap tomorrow.
You boys are the best :slight_smile:
And a big thank you to federico.ballarini for his help and patience :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After joining ad, restart is always required on Windows computers. Sounds funny that the same has to be done on Linux (underlying OS for QTS)

3 Likes

I think we can finally close this topic. In my opinion this Cannot join QNAP to Domain is the procedure to follow to join as AD member.

1 Like

Hi everyone, i just join qnap no 2 after “our” recipe. And it was a walk in the park. :point_up:

4 Likes

Great team work!! :clap:

1 Like

This thread is very long and required a great effort by our support people!

Would you mind writing an #howto about joining QNAP to NethServer AD and summarize it?

Edit: ok now I found the solution in the thread. I set it at topic solution.

3 Likes