Bizarre open vpn roadwarrior issue

You may try using Nethserver as router/gateway/firewall instead of your router. This way VPN and routing happens on one machine. It’s the last difference between our setups (except of your vlaned LAN).

Thanks Markus, that will rule out Router issue but still won’t solve the issue long term i think i will try a full re install and re post if i still have the issue see if i can’t grab someone who is using the same setup.

I tried your config with only one interface and had the same problem. Could reach gateway but no other network device.

Thanks for Replicating Markus, leaves me feeling slightly better knowing it isn’t just me, where you think i go from here was working on a re post with a recap of everything so far see if i can hook some other takers?

Yes, that’s a good idea. I’ll give it another try in the evening. I think it’s because of server mode. Maybe some openvpn or shorewall config is different.

EDIT:

It’s openvpn. Seems you need a route…

https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/faq/77-server/257-can-an-openvpn-server-be-set-up-on-a-machine-with-a-single-nic.html

Awesome thanks Marcus. will post again now let me know how you get on. thanks for your help

I tested again and as described in the link above all you need is a static route on your Dell sonicwall tz300 to reach the VPN network 192.168.111.0/24 via the VPN server. The sonicwall blocks because it doesn’t know the VPN network.

On a Nethserver it would look like this:

grafik