Who needs a little joke today?

That make laugh a lot. Unless you’re using Atlassian.

Michel-André

2 Likes

(00:10 am) “I can’t. My servers are down”

I misread the result, it is totally correct.
Human - Television = Thinking Human.

1 Like

Hi @MrE

It takes a great man to recognize his error but a greater one to correct it.

Michel-André

1 Like

Fastweb (Italian ISP and phone provider owner by Swisscom) as default setting will close outgoing port 25 from any connection.

Does anyone need 6 plug to seal Samba holes?

Uploading: image.png…

Michel-André

6 Likes

Michel-André

4 Likes

August. Vulnerabilities do not take vacation at all

Bugs neither.
Redmond

San Josè

San Francisco

But who cares?

A song might be a security vulnerability? Well…

According to this paper, sound can be used to tamper with devices, not only electromechanical like hard drives.
And who’s old and educated enough about datacenter history, fellow Brendan Gregg showed us that vibration can harm hard drives.

Vibrations also might be… used from hard drives.

Few years ago, a guy turned 2,5" drive into some sort of microphone.

But today… Today sound could hurt a lot hard drives. And…
(Janet Jackson's music video is now a vulnerability for crashing hard disks)
deliver that sound to a CVE vulnerability.
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2022-38392
Late April Fool’s Day? Well, at least this has been proven, it’s quite unusual than a song become a CVE.

Germans warned of toilet paper shortage

63079e7e203027485034a134

Michel-André

box.com effectively shut down WebDAV.
My comment

Atlassian? Again you? No more than a month?
C’mon!

Cheers to devs.
@nrauso pulled a quite nasty issue (not blaming the issuer), and now updates are available.

Took a bit of time, and… as Italian I can understand why.
August is mostly vacation time for quite big chunk of people, adding the latest years of… out of time vacation, lots of people wanted to be “away”. Moreover, July and August were mostly grill-hot in Italy.
And the issue involved a lot of the parts of NethServer, and was nasty enough to pretend “one pull, the right one”, so many things needed to be tested before release; no one likes the plug worse than the hole (Yes, thinking about Log4j).

Not joking, cheering. Thanks.

@pike

Hi Michael

I don’t honestly see the humor behind a “bug report”, much less seeing a joke behing it.
There are some bugs which can be funny, or at least in the environment it happened, but generally bugs are not really a joke nor belong in the jokes section.

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Please… read again this

The thread is light, and I’m making no fun of the huge August job about aboute a

because can appear on a restore, so… after something that should solve problems, not creating.

So I’m smiling to them, not making fun of them…

Sorry for compose a message that was not well understandable.

@pike

Hi Michael

I did read this:

but it still doesn’t fit under the title of the post:

“Who needs a little joke today?” - you actually state it’s not a joke…

But this still implies you don’t think this is actually “funny”, it can imply a big headache for anyone concerned… Yet the heading is to attract people (forum users) who might be seeking some good humor to forget a close call where they’re working and relief from the dredgeries which IT can contain…

Humor in IT should not be too close to actual, real-live, current problems!!!

In any case, I don’t think a bugtraq hidden under the title of humor / joke is a good idea - in both ways. You don’t keep poison in the medecin cupboard and relable the bottleas “cure”!

Try Copper Sulfate, a pile of blueish crystals in a bottle usually. It has uses eg for copper plating. Instead of the original label (With Poison symbol) put your own label with “Montezumas revenge”.
Taking 3-4 crystals will cause anyone to puke for a few hours!!!

→ And you’ll have an idea what Montezumas revenge might feel like!

PS: Don’t try this! It’s dangerous and you have been warned!!!

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Michel-André

9 Likes

WMD-2
photo_2022-09-30_10-33-20-1664531672.1136

Michel-André

1 Like