Who needs a little joke today?

5 Likes

Welcome back @Jim

and to continue the ever forthgoing saga of funny pics:

2 Likes

Ok, political jokes are sort of no go, but I couldn’t help smiling with this one:

10 Likes

Best (or saddest?) goal ever

It’s “Brazilian time” here

And I’ma little “desaligned” :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I just laughed

6 Likes

It’s really, really well known that hexavalent chrome is so, so poisonous and pollutant.
It’s also well known that bricks are quite heavy (adobe in spanish is a kind of brick, made of clay, sand and straw)

1 Like

Michel-André

1 Like

Michel-André

it ain’t that funny

Written on November 2021:

https://www.nti.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/NTI_Paper_BIO-TTX_Final.pdf.

Exercise Scenario

Page 8:
Developed in consultation with technical and
policy experts, the exercise scenario portrayed
a deadly, global pandemic involving an unusual
strain of monkeypox virus that first emerges in the
fictional country of Brinia and eventually spreads
globally. Later in the exercise, the scenario reveals
that the initial outbreak was caused by a terrorist
attack using a pathogen engineered in a laboratory
with inadequate biosafety and biosecurity
provisions and weak oversight

Page 10:

What a “funny” coincidence???

Michel-André

It’s funny!!! But I know I don’t follow the official institutions - and I’m a conspiracy theorist and definitely an unvaccinated Nazi, lateral thinker, anti-vaccination, egoist and pandemic driver!!! And speaking of my outing - I was a little surprised that there was so much conformity to be found among all the Linux “fetishists” who stand for freedom and openness, when I had simply expected more critical questioning.

Where’s the joke? Well, despite all the dismay at the suffering and also losses in my own family, there are people who predicted the development towards vaccination madness fairly accurately in September 2019 and also referred to planning papers from the pharmaceutical industry and we are still approx. 3.2 billion Covid vaccine doses have to be distributed in Europe and the next fear is already being stirred up.

1 Like

4TqbY3wAu_X4G0OH3aBqIDhYKx198tO9icCU3OFFvzKrjVQpzTsrGBTRJBprjRnekDELaA9qmMiDsswYxGL0_O-s

Michel-André

4 Likes

Michel-André

YES! It’s finally DEAD!
.jpg
After more than twenty years, this clone of Spyglass Mosaic has been finally defeated.

I started to hate Internet Exploder (typo intended) during 1998, when with a crappy Windows 95 computer i had to swallow a so-slow- loading internet browser. I were not able to access to Netscape, and it was SO slow for loading the software and loading single and simple pages.

And after several years of slow performances (i were thinking it was some 56k line issue) i tried codename Oceano, 0.4 version of Phoenix.
.png
The icon was pretty, the alliteration about the bird who rise again from ashes at least epic. I had no idea of the involvment from the remainings of Netscape Navigator into this projects.
I loved and hate Firefox, first during the so-slow version upgrade list, than the current (and idiotic) run-to-version-number started from Chrome.
Anyway
 IE must some way be thanked. No, still not drank anything.

• Free access to browsers. The Microsoft move to “gift” a browser killed a market segment, but ingenerate the spread of this universal client to every computer (and some more things later
  • Enraged competition. In an unfair way, Microsoft was a “not ignorable” player for producing browsers. Sooner than later, most big software (and OS) players into the computer world had to provide something usable and performant
  • Term of comparison. Even with memes

IE gave some reference to every developer saying “that’s something I don’t want to make”
  • And something to be concerned. Extensibility and integration of the browser create a whole lot of new spaces to be menaced from malware creators. Without IE, something so vulnerable maybe would be considered a lot later.
  • Something later to be considered as a pro: small memory footprint. Maybe due to it’s limits, for several years IE has been a lot less greed of RAM than competitors. The opposite behavior was huge flaw for many releases of FF, with the single-exe thread management.

Therefore
 so long Trident. I won’t miss you at all, but won’t be the same road without you.

4 Likes

Happy new vulnerability.

https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/product-security/bulletin/amd-sb-1038
CRAP.

Modern Wheel of Life

Michel-Andre

Michel-André

duty_calls

4 Likes