Virtual Nethserver

I’m working with Virtualbox and Vagrant right now, trying to learn more about it and how to utilize it. I was wondering if there is virtualbox .vdi image file of Nethserver I can download and work with. I had a this set up on a box at work, but my job was basically outsourced and I’d still like to work with it. Thanks.

Not aware about images of nethserver, but it is easy to create yours

1 Like

Haven’t done that yet, I suppose I should learn. I also need to learn to take better notes when I do new things, so I can do them again without so many issues.

Never mind, I looked and this is something I’ve done before and forgotten already.

1 Like

Here is an instruction how to install nethserver at a virtual box:

And here is one how to create an image:

2 Likes

Thank you! A short time after posting my question I recalled that the first couple times I used Virtualbox I did it using a .iso image file. Since I need to at least try to “stay in shape” with these tools I’m doing what I can.

virtualization is no more difficult than to install a real server, it is a godd game you are going to do…keep fun

1 Like

Almost there, thanks for the support.

@syntaxerrormmm built something with Vagrant

1 Like

Doing the updates now, we’ll see how it goes with the .vdi creation after a reboot.
I went with a fixed size like the demo, but not a static IP. It reloads at the state I left it in, but it’s a huge file, maybe I’ll try again with a dynamic allocation.
And thanks for the help, this forum is great!

I have a NS7 template on my proxmox server:

It’s a matter of seconds to pop up a new NS instance…

4 Likes