Uptime-Kuma Request App

Hi guys
I want to ask if it’s possible to have Uptime-Kuma in the software center
Thanks

Hello @Denis_Pollini we do have an Installation guide for Uptime Kuma for NS8 available in the following thread
NS8-Generic Containers-: Install Uptime-kuma - App - NethServer Community

I would also love to have Uptime Kuma implemented as a NEthserver App, However, there is something you need to take note of first.

A Version 2.0 is slaed for Release soon, that implements a Database for Uptime Kuma here: 2.0.0 Milestone (github.com)

Discussions on the same HEre: v2.0.0-Release ← Read this for performance problems · Issue #4500 · louislam/uptime-kuma (github.com)

With the New Updat, there will be No Option to Automatically migrate the data, and some Manual work would be needed to achieve this.

That being said, it was my opinion, we wait for this new release before building an official NS8 App, otherwise no migration path would be supported, and might cause data loss, for a software center app, which is not a goo idea.

If this is still desired, by many, i can build an NS8 App, however it will remain Alpha, untill V2 is released, and we will not support automated migration

Hi @oneitonitram
Yes i think it’s smart to wait the 2.0 release and the build the official package for NS8

1 Like