Sogo 3.x.x released in nethforge-testing

Now i am finished with the homework. My wife is happy.:grinning:

I have now set it with the command above. And I feel it’s running a little faster. But it’s only a feeling.

Regards

Uwe

1 Like

I played with the official demo of sogo and there is a delay also when you change from the mail panel and the calendar/contact panel.

I will release a new rpm and increase this value

please can you update from nethforge-testing, firstly go back to the original setting

config setprop sogod WOWorkersCount 3
signal-event nethserver-sogo-update 

verify that you can see the value ‘3’

config show sogod

then update the rpm

yum update --enablerepo=nethforge-testing nethserver-sogo

and verify that the new value is equal to ‘10’

config show sogod

thank

1 Like

Hi,

after the command “yum update --nethforge-testing nethserver-sogo” i received this error:

Command line error: no such option: --nethforge-testing.

Regards and a nice Sunday

Uwe

my bad it was late :’(

yum update --enablerepo=nethforge-testing nethserver-sogo

Ok,

here comes the result of config show sogod:

config show sogod
sogod=service
ActiveSync=enabled
AdminUsers=admin
Certificate=
Dav=enabled
DraftsFolder=Drafts
MailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled=YES
Notifications=Appointment,EMail
SOGoInternalSyncInterval=10
SOGoMaximumPingInterval=10
SOGoMaximumSyncInterval=30
SOGoMaximumSyncResponseSize=2048
SOGoMaximumSyncWindowSize=100
SentFolder=Sent
SxVMemLimit=512
TrashFolder=Trash
VirtualHost=
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout=10
WOWorkersCount=10
status=enabled

1 Like

I thought this night that we should start a wiki documentation page on sogo. Why ?. Because when you install Sogo it is destinated for a personnal use, but when you want to work you need to increase a lot of values in db.

For example, you need one worker per activesync connection, you have tricks also for fine tune https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_microsoft_enterprise_activesync_tuning

1 Like

thank, released

My feeling about the speed is as before. Something faster but not as fast as neighbor’s cat.:smiley:

yes, I tested the official sogo demo, and I feel a bit faster than on my LAN, but not so much. Can you have a go ?

https://sogo.nu/

We could maybe increase to 15 workers

definitively sogo2 is faster than sogo3

Stephane,

I have a problem to properly understand the term worker.
What do you mean with that? Is this a real person who has a SOGo account on the server?

a worker is like a thread, more you have users (at the same time), more you need workers.

activesync needs one worker per user
the web UI is less consumer

1 Like

https://sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGoInstallationGuide.html#_general_preferences

Does it make a difference whether the account provider is LDAP or Samba4?

sogo2 is almost a plain html app
sogo3 is not
 it’s something heavily based on js on client side
 the slowness is not on the server side, but on the client one, due to rendering the page

anyway, I have a 220 user install with 10 GB ram
 at least 150 concurrent users, all in lan, but even from remote (the server is about 900km from here) the web interface is fast enough to work

if you (generally speaking) need something really faster, a web interface is not an option, use a client

2 Likes

I don’t think so. To be honest I’m stuck on sogo2
 I don’t like changes, I still have the same wife after 17 years.

I can build sogo2 also, we can let the choice to the sysadmin

1 Like

There is also a problem with the contacts. When I create a new contact, I do not see it in the contact list after saving it. Only when I log out and then log in again, the contact is visible.

I also have the attitude. 14 years withe the same wife, and 26 years with the same car.:grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Stefano,

this is absolutly right. I have two All in One Computers here. One with Nvidia Graphic Card and the older one only with an Intel Graphik Chip on the Mainboard. When i visit the SOGo site withe the first one, it’s much faster.

Regards

Uwe

1 Like

seems an issue on your side
 doesn’t happen here