Sogo 2.2.15 is available to test

Die outlook…even microsoft wants to kill outlook

3 Likes

We’re not speaking about openchange here, but just Active Sync support. I’m trying out a few tests and I’ll let you know

@sitz i guess that the problem is the first sync with a lot of data (mail and calendar) can you try it with an empty user
profile?

Not correct @alefattorini but I didn’t explain correctly the problem.
Outlook 2007/2010 ask me for credentials but after about 30 seconds it prompt to me a message that:“…is unable to contact Exchange server.”
@Stll0 did a bet about some self-signed SSL certificate issue, I tried to install SSL certificate in Windows (trusted organizations) but Outlook 2007/2010 still was unable to contact the server.

Below a quick report of my test(s) on NetServer 6.5 with SOGo 2.2.15:

1. Outlook 2007/2010 ask me for credentials but they are unable to find Exchange server (SOGo). Tested on two different PC with two different domain configuration and Microsoft Office version.
  2. Outlook 2013 just works fine connection, e-mail, calendar, address book then I cried for tension
  3. Android devices works fine

I have to test Apple devices.

I don’t give up with Outlook 2007/2010.

Do you tried out with and empty profile? Or full of data? How much data?

Yes sorry @alefattorini I forgot to report this, completely empty profile on the server side, on the client side (since Outlook 97) I always “Add new profile” starting from scratch.

Exactly what I’m saying,

Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 don’t work with activesync.
I’ve tested sogo 2.2.15 on NethServer 6.5 and it works on Aplle devices with ios 8.1.
In my tests I used an account with 500Mb storage and it works good.
Hope it helps, ciao

You’re right :wink: good to know about your tests. Do you have tried Outlook 2011 with the same account? (500mb)

I moved 4 posts to a new topic: Language not found error accessing SOGo

standing ovation !!!

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Is activesync available in NethServer 6.6 and SOGo?

I moved a post to a new topic: Activesync synced just 1 month of my calendar on Android