Setup a new domain controler gateway

Greetings

I am an old user of e-smith, later sme-server. I currently have a sme-server but I wanted to replace it with nethserver.

I need to point out installation stages for the following scenario.
Server / gateway with public IP, primary mail server, AD of windows 10 stations and windows server 2012 with SQL server.

I ask about the way to install it because I discovered (by trial and error) that I should have created the domain first, then it would be the network certification and only then NextCloud, when installing everything together I created a mess that now nothing works.

My question is?
Where should I start first, taking into account that the old sme-server is still active (but I have more public IP’s to validate the new nethserver).

I appreciate help

Hi Jorge,

welcome to NethServer Community.

The migration from SME server to Neth is documented here.

Thanks Markus for the reply.

I read that but wish to start a new fresh install, the old SME have many implementations and some errors, just need his data.

I start a new test nethserver but I believe that make some mistakes, Nextcloud claims for a server certificate, Collabora does’nt work for users (only create one), works to admin. When try to add a app Collabora claims to be configured.

The orientation that I need is a step by step to setup a gateway server with AD, nextcloud+collabora, squid and let’scryt certificate, the server has FDQN. This step by step is something like:
start AD
create VH (have 2)
install server certificate
install nextcloud + collabora
Only the order to be done this. Have some “glitchs” on squid but later back to this, one thing at a time.

ty Markus

I think this order should avoid the issues you got:

As regards data from the old SME server, it may be enough to rsync it to the Nethserver with the rsync-migrate script or manually if you only need specific data.

Squid is documented here, maybe you want to add a Web Filter.

Related links:

Don’t forget to set servername before you install accountprovider. And keep in mind that your servername should not be the same as one of the subdomains you (plan to) use.

1 Like

Hi all

Thanks for the tips.

I do more or less that Markus suggested, but fail on servername, I gave same name as my TLD… well this process of try and error is on first step, it’s easy, format and start again lol.

However, have some problems with collabora, don’t know why yet all seems ok but can’t access colabora inside the lan and outside see a “not trusted domain”.
That’s gonna be a work in progress…

Back when I have more doubts, thanks

You need to browse to Nextcloud with a domain name (not with IP) included in the LE cert to make Collabora work. It works inside the LAN too.

If you want to reach Nextcloud from a domain other than your FQDN you need to add it to Nextclouds trusted domains:

Hi Markus

I don’t see the Nexcloud entry ate my manager??? where do I get that???, follow the install app from Software Center but never see that entry at Manager.

What I me doing wrong?

The settings are in the applications page. You may also add shortcuts to the menu.

Ok, thanks Markus

1 Like