Roundcube 1.4.2

Can you update the module?

Thanks in advance.

It comes from epel, I think there is latest version in fedora copr

@stephdl: It is not possible to have NethServer build like other softwares from source?

Nethserver uses mostly packages from an upstream provider, providing only the configuration database/template/GUI pieces. There are some exceptions (notably Nextcloud) where there simply are no upstream packages, but I don’t believe Nethesis has anywhere close to the resources to maintain packages for all the software that goes into the Nethserver system.

Is it possible to update roundcube in nethserver to actual version? They have quite a modern and very nice looking interface/elastic skin with responsive desing that looks great even on mobile devices.

the remi repository contains latest roundcube version and is already with 1.4.3 at the moment.
i’ m running webmail on a nethserver server with the new elatic theme, very nice

1 Like

That sounds great. Can you point me to a description on howto add this repository? Can I only install roudcube from there and all the rest stays standard repo, to not risk break things?

@danb35 is totally right, we can’t rebuild everything out there :smiley:

But if remi has a good RPM for CentOS 7 which seamlessly update from the current one, we could bring it inside our repos.
I’ve searched quickly, but I couldn’t find it :frowning:

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/remi-x86_64/roundcubemail-1.4.3-1.el7.remi.noarch.rpm.html

the only thing i have to do each time after an update is chmod \etc\logrotate.d\roundcubemail to 644 otherwise there will by logrotate errors

3 Likes

Wonderful!

Could you please create an how to to help other users on using it?
Remember also to take care of the template for the config file :wink:

What is the exact error?

You should contribute and propose the change to upstream rpms/roundcubemail.git - The master git repository for roundcubemail RPM ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i will reproduce the install this weekend

4 Likes

Hello all,

thanks for your efforts, so I guess, I can wait a littlebit and install it once it’s added in official repos or at least till there has been created a howto in order to not screw my installation :slight_smile:

time was a little bit short this weekend, i’m still busy with the reproduction and php-composer/pear versions the latest remi package wants as dependency, apparently i have installed more packages from remi the last time and i don’ t think that is the way for everyone

i will look into the nethserver-roundcubemail package if expand the package with a update with roundcubemail and maybe make use of php-pfm is not beter

2 Likes

indeed, if we enable the remi repository which is a dangerous thing on a server, we still have some dependencies errors asking to update PHP to 5.5

yum install roundcubemail --enablerepo=remi

Error: Package: php-symfony3-common-3.4.30-1.el7.remi.noarch (remi)
           Requires: php(language) >= 5.5.9
           Removing: php-common-5.4.16-46.1.el7_7.x86_64 (@ce-updates)
               php(language) = 5.4.16
           Updated By: php-common-5.4.45-18.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi)
               php(language) = 5.4.45
           Available: php-common-5.4.16-46.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
               php(language) = 5.4.16
           Available: php-common-5.4.45-17.el7.remi.x86_64 (remi)
               php(language) = 5.4.45
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

So this could be done at your own risk

Is it possible to add this version to the Nethserver repository, as Nethserver already uses a higher PHP version (nethserver-rh-php71-php-fpm)? We need a more modern responsive webmail client as the current '90s version of Roundcube. 1.4.2 or 1.4.3 would be very appreciated!

this do not upgrade php, you just use another php version on a TCP port or linux socket, roundcubemail from REMI imposes to upgrade PHP, it is different.

So we have to wait (and help test) Nethserver 8 (based on CentOS 8), as there PHP 7.3 is available: https://centos.pkgs.org/8/centos-appstream-x86_64/php-7.3.5-3.module_el8.1.0+252+0d4e049c.x86_64.rpm.html

1 Like

Any news for the new version?

I’d like to help testing 1.4.x version, but would need instructions on howto install, if available. If not - I’ll happily wait and want to thank you all for the good work :ok_hand:

PHP need to be upgraded at least to php55 IIRC

Quite it is a no way.

1 Like