Release candidate: ISO 7.8.2003

The NethServer 7.8.2003 rc1 ISO is ready for testing!

Please download it from: http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver-7.8.2003-rc1-x86_64.iso
The ISO will be available until the final release.

List of changes since 7.7 was freezed: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/milestone/26?closed=1
Documentation is a work in progress (see https://github.com/NethServer/docs/pull/498).

To upgrade an existing NethServer 7.7, execute:

yum update --enablerepo=nethserver-testing nethserver-subscription
signal-event software-repos-upgrade

Thanks to all @dev_team!
Now it’s your turn @quality_team: please test and report here!

8 Likes

Just completed an unattended install from ISO with update and Fail2Ban, Accounts Provider as PCD, Threat Shield and Firewall modules added with no problems. Later this morning I will attempt to roll out Nextcloud/SOGO and Guacamole to see how they all play together.

5 Likes

What a fast testing! Thank yoy @royceb! :wink:

No worries, you guys do the hard work the least we can do is try to break it. I’ve gotten Nexcloud deployed successfully with restricted access to https://nextcloud.example.com and only my “nextcloud-access” group from the PDC. Fail2Ban detects failed logins and would place me in a jail if the “Allow bans on the LAN” were enabled.

3 Likes

Updated a firewall, a server and a VPS and there were nearly no issues. :+1: Thanks for great work!

On the server and on the VPS the update did not work because ImageMagick was not found.

Errors
Error: Package: php-pecl-imagick-3.1.0-0.6.RC2.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
           Requires: libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)
           Removing: ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-18.el7.x86_64 (@ce-base)
               libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)
           Updated By: ImageMagick-6.9.10.68-3.el7.x86_64 (ce-base)
               Not found
Error: Package: sclo-php71-php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el7.x86_64 (@ce-sclo-sclo)
           Requires: libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)
               libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)
               Not found
Error: Package: php-pecl-imagick-3.1.0-0.6.RC2.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
           Requires: libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)
               libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)
               Not found
Error: Package: sclo-php71-php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el7.x86_64 (@ce-sclo-sclo)
           Requires: libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)
               libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)
               Not found

Solution found here:

rpm -Uvh http://mirror.centos.org/centos-7/7/os/x86_64/Packages/ImageMagick-6.9.10.68-3.el7.x86_64.rpm --nodeps
yum update

On the firewall ndpi is complaining again, see older upgrade.

Apr 30 03:07:27 server kernel: xt_ndpi: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
Apr 30 03:07:27 server kernel: xt_ndpi: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel
Apr 30 03:07:27 server kernel: xt_ndpi v1.2 ndpi 2.8.0 IPv6=YES debug_message=no#012 BT: hash_size 0k, hash_expiation 0 sec, log_size 128kb#012 sizeof hash_ip4p_node=44 id_struct=296 PATRICIA_MAXBITS=128#012 flow_struct=2064 packet_struct=1400#012   flow_tcp_struct=42 flow_udp_struct=27 int_one_line_struct=16#012 ndpi_ip_addr_t=16 ndpi_protocol=8 nf_ct_ext_ndpi=176#012 flow_info=112 spinlock_t=4#012 NF_LABEL_ID 8
Apr 30 03:07:27 server kernel: xt_ndpi: MAX_PROTOCOLS 320 LAST_PROTOCOL 243
Apr 30 03:07:27 server kernel: xt_ndpi: flow acctounting OFF
3 Likes

Thank you for reporting, I will try to reproduce. I know that upstram didn’t push all Imagemagick PHP packages, so I’ve added them to our repo. I didn’t know about ImageMagick itself. I will let you know! :wink:

1 Like

Installed a test_vm with 7.7 yesterday. Installed modules: firewall, fileserver, Sogo, local AD, thread shield, IPS, webfilter, webproxy, vpn, fail2ban, ntop (similar to my existing one :wink:)

Updated this machine today successfully to 7.8. 530 packages were updated.
NO error in yum.log and boot.log.
All services are running as expected.

In /var/log/mesages I only find the same about ndpi as @mrmarkuz

Apr 30 08:11:42 neth-test kernel: xt_ndpi: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
Apr 30 08:11:42 neth-test kernel: xt_ndpi: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel 

Wow, what a great work my friends!!! :+1:
Thank you so much: :smiley:

6 Likes

upgraded yesterday a physical firewall, with nextloud, fail2ban, openvpn (and other services installed but not active at the moment) and all seems to work :+1:

after the upgrade i’ve received this mail from cron daemon, but i had no time to investigate :frowning:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘smbclient.so’ (tried: /opt/rh/rh-php73/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/smbclient.so (/usr/lib64/samba/libreplace-samba4.so: version `SAMBA_4.9.1’ not found (required by /lib64/libwbclient.so.0)), /opt/rh/rh-php73/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/smbclient.so.so (/opt/rh/rh-php73/root/usr/lib64/php/modules/smbclient.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

thank you, and stay safe :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I’ve already seen it: nextcloud is running its cron job just during the update. After the updates has been done, no more errors should be generated. So, if you do not see any errors of that kind, you can just ignore it :wink:

@mrmarkuz I’ve tried to replicate your problem without success during and update from 7.7 to 7.8. I’ve also tested a clean 7.8 install.
I always end up with a correct ImageMagick release:

sclo-php73-php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-3.el7.x86_64
sclo-php72-php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-3.el7.x86_64
ImageMagick-6.9.10.68-3.el7.x86_64
3 Likes

I am going to recheck. I think it’s related to Nextcloud.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same, in fact I used nextcloud install to pull all the ImageMagick stuff :wink:

1 Like

It’s php-pecl-imagick which is required by nethserver-horde.

Installation of php-pecl-imagick doesn’t work on updated 7.7, it only works in 7.8 because the newer version of ImageMagick is available.
So it seems the issue only occurs if php-pecl-imagick was installed some time ago. Unfortunately I don’t have snapshots anymore to retry the process.

[root@testserver ~]# yum install php-pecl-imagick
Error: Package: php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el7.x86_64 (epel)
           Requires: libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit)
Error: Package: php-pecl-imagick-3.4.4-1.el7.x86_64 (epel)
           Requires: libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.6()(64bit)

Similar problem:

https://forum.remirepo.net/viewtopic.php?id=2809

1 Like

Hi@all,

installed today in a VM with Nextcloud, SoGo, Mattermost and the best (for me) piece of software from stephdl, called dolibarr. It works wonderfull. No problems so far.

Sunny weekend and be healty…

Uwe

4 Likes

while quietly working on arm releases for nethserver 7.8.2003 , reevaluated my development environment and had a look at centos 8.

On centos 8 experienced some quirks with nethserver-mock:

• nethserver-mock requires python-requests , which actually is python3-requests, on centos 8 we need to be explicit about this

• it throws a warning Unable to detect release version (use '--releasever' to specify release version) which can be solved with config_opts[‘releasever’] = ‘7’

• one issue i’ve not been able to find a satisfying solution on centos 8 is:

Error: rhn-plugin: ERROR: can not find RHNS CA file: /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

Bluntly removed rhn-client-tools and was able to build nethserver-packages, however do not know the consequences of this unthoughtful action.

Should I open an issue on github for initial support for using el8 as a development environment?

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting, I do think it’s time to open an issue against NS8. Probably we will drop mock support to adopt podman, but nothing has been started yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need to highlight this and involve more people into the testing process :slight_smile:

The NS 7.8.2003 is behind the corner :wink: Now synchronizing the mirrors…

1 Like

Can it be the repodata of the arm repositorys are not updated correctly?

@Installing nethserver-mail it insists to pull the package from nethserver-updates while it is moved to nethserver-base now :

root@rpi4:~
# yum clean all
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Cleaning repos: ce-base ce-extras ce-sclo-rh ce-sclo-sclo ce-updates epel nethserver-base
              : nethserver-updates
# rm -rf /var/cache/yum/
# yum makecache
Determining fastest mirrors
Metadata Cache Created
# yum install @nethserver-mail
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * ce-base: mirrors.coreix.net
 * ce-extras: mirrors.coreix.net
 * ce-updates: mirrors.coreix.net
Resolving Dependencies
Dependencies Resolved

========================================================================================================
 Package                         Arch           Version                 Repository                 Size
========================================================================================================
Installing:
 nethserver-mail-server          noarch         2.13.0-1.ns7            nethserver-updates        128 k
Installing for dependencies:

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package (+22 Dependent packages)

Total download size: 7.9 M
Installed size: 27 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]:y

Error downloading packages:
  nethserver-mail-server-2.13.0-1.ns7.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
  nethserver-mail-common-2.13.0-1.ns7.noarch: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Any Ideas?

1 Like