There have been some issues around “remote account providers”. For instance:
- I need help to configure NethServer to use external OpenLDAP server
- Sogo default config doesn't work on nethserver 7 beta 2 when using Samba Active Directory
- Empty users in roundcube public LDAP Addressbook
Whilst glibc/PAM based apps, like Dovecot and Samba file server, rely on sssd setup, some applications still connect directly to the account provider and must support all possible scenarios. To cope with them, the configuration should read the settings from NethServer::SSSD Perl module. I tried to improve it with
- Better default values / prop override handling
- STARTTLS, LDAPS support
So there are updates to nethserver-sssd, nethserver-dc, nethserver-directory. Furthermore the core applications that connect the LDAP/AD directly are
- webtop4 (can’t work with ldaps by now)
- ejabberd (the ldap roster wants to browse the LDAP)
- roundcube (the public addressbook wants to browse the LDAP)
In NethForge we have SOGo, that still requires some work /cc @mark_nl.
I need your feedback! Please update those packages from nethserver-testing repository and report any successful/failed case!