I’m testing the use of the Webtop Personal Cloud. Recently our staff have requested ways to send large documents/files to vendors for support purposes. Sending a large zip file of log data to a vendor has a limit within Webtop if we add it as an attachment. I’m interested in how the Webtop Cloud works.
- Does the Webtop Cloud use nextcloud at all for providing the uploading/downloading of document data?
- I think I found the upload limits in Admin > Settings with 500 MB Upload limit Internal and 100 MB Upload limit external. When files are uploaded using the Webtop cloud where are these files stored? Do they take up space on Webtop? What I’d like to confirm is if a user has files saved in Webtop Cloud, does the size of these files get added to that users total mail used on Webtop?
- In my Webtop Cloud > My resources > Documents I see two folders called Emails and Uploads. Is this where files that are either shared or uploaded are stored? Is there a way for me as an Admin the ability to check each users documents they have shared for size used. Can the Admin panel show me what each user has stored in their Cloud > Documents?
- Does using Webtop Cloud save the documents on our Webtop server taking up space? For example…when providing a document link using Webtop Cloud to a client and we link to a file on our local computer…does this linked file get uploaded to our Webtop or is this link we provide the client a direct link to the file on our C: drive?
- How does the Webtop Cloud compare to using Nextcloud shared links? Any comparison of how each works/compare would be appreciated.
- For security purposes I would like to have the ability for our owners to receive an email whenever staff use a shared cloud link in Webtop. By default the Webtop user who creates the shared link will receive an email when documents are uploaded or downloaded. I would like to add to this email our owners emails so they are also aware of any shared files. Is this possible now?
- What security or encryption is in place when using Webtop Cloud? Is there any security around this shared file location not being able to be hacked? And does Webtop through Nethserver provide any scanning of documents for viruses when clients upload files to our shared link?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide me.