We have recently migrated from MS Exchange to Nethserver with SOGo.
We imported contacts from MS Exchange to SOGo works fine. However, in Android-based mobile devices many of the contacts are not visible using ActiveSync, that problem happens both using default mail client and BlueMail. About the last one, we have noted that when one modifies a contact on SOGo it’s then visible on BlueMail. I took a look to the sogo database and I don’t found any different on contacts that are visible.
Please could you help me?
SOGo provides EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) support, but not EWS (Exchange Web Service). Outlook 2013, 2016 for Windows works well with EAS. Mainstream mobile devices (iOS, Android, BlackBerry 10) work well with EAS, they can sync mails, calendars, contacts, tasks.
LongStoryShort: for 7.3 the claim is not sticking the truth?
Current version of Nethserver, as @mark_nl told you, carries SOGo on an external repository called NethForge, a sort of “backport/adaptation” of the community version of Inverse software.
Now the default Groupware of NethServer is WT5 (and my opinion on that is quite unuseful in this topic).
I am doing some tests on it, therefore i’m not totally sure on what it’s working and what’s not. The sentences of @giacomo did not matched the documentation, therefore i asked.
Yes, an experience topic would probably be useful, but I do not see how android version (if at all) is usefull, and/or why rom version or hardware used would even have an impact.
For useful data we would need to know the device OS and the client used, and recognize it could be Win10 or Win7 with desktop Outlook 20013 and up as well as Android or iOS or even cloud-based interfaces like Google.
On the server side the used groupware as well as its exact config would be required. Including but not limited to the used authentication back-end, and how the user-account-fields are populated (eg: mail field)
Given that scope it almost requires a dedicated team with different configs who test identical scenario’s in a meticulous way, While I am open to that idea, I am already overpromissing on guides … so do not see how to make it happen myself.
Maybe we could create a test-procedure, and ask people to fill out the relevant fields. otoh, that seems like a lot of work to discover that different clients just implement the same protocol in a different way, and all are equally valid, and thus there is no easy fix for this issue.
I really turn mad with Sogo i have no idea what and why it is and how to fix it. Everything works well on Webgui, Outlook 2013, IOS 11.3. But the activesync and here ONLY the Contacts are not synching with the Android Device. In Sogo.log i did not find any Info. I had this now a few times and still hate it, lol
the only what i get in the sogo log is:
pid 23694 has been hanging in the same request for 3 minutes
If i do a new Contact on the Android device it synch normal and wrote it to sogo.
I’m facing the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8. Contacts are not synced to the mobile whilst contacts in the mobile are synced to the server. In sogo.log I get this message when the server tries to push a changed contact to my phone:
2018-04-14 13:17:08.641 sogod[2940:2940] ERROR(-[NGLdapSearchResultEnumerator nextObject]): does not support result references yet …
How many contacts do you have to sync please, I’m experimenting some different client on android, the default one doesn’t sync more than 500 contacts, the nine clients works well, also boxer (free app)