Other Problems with nextcloud since June 2021 Update

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009
Module: Nextcloud 21.0.2

Hello together,

as requested by stephdl, I’ll describe my problem with the Nextcloud update June 2021 once again.

After updating to the final version, I now have these warnings in the log:

There are some errors in your system configuration.

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information can be found in our documentation. (List of invalid files … / Analyse again…)

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocm-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that has not been updated to deliver this folder directly. Please compare your configuration with the supplied rewrite rules in “.htaccess” for Apache or those provided in the Nginx documentation on its documentation page. On Nginx, these are typically the lines beginning with “location ~” that need an update.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocs-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that has not been updated to deliver this folder directly. Please compare your configuration with the supplied rewrite rules in “.htaccess” for Apache or those provided in the Nginx documentation on its documentation page. On Nginx, these are typically the lines beginning with “location ~” that require an update.

Who can help me to solve the problem?

Regards…

Uwe

@transocean

Hello Uwe

It would help to know if you’re using a custom hostname (“virtual host”) for NC or not…

If not, then activating this should help:

My 2 cents
Andy

Hi Andy,

i use a custom Hostname. Your suggestion works, but doesn’t really solve my problem.
I want to continue using the defined hostname.

I don’t understand why this problem appeared only with the final version. It was not present during the testing phase.

Regards…

Uwe

@transocean

Try deactivating the custom hostname, rebooting the server, then reactivating the custom hostname…
I’ve seen some installations “temporarily” lose the settings, but somehow recovering them later on…

My 2 cents
Andy

I have already tried that. Without success.

Maybe @stephdl can help here…

I think this is a good idea.

The warnings were before the upgrade except the checksum integrety because we bundled a pdf viewer. If the issue is to make disapear the warning for me it is closed.

Please when you make a screenshot, use english…

1 Like

The translated text from the screenshot is above that.

@transocean

Hi Uwe

It’s actually quite easy to change the used language “on the fly” (EG to do screenshots) in Cockpit.
See the 3 dots on the upper right…
No logout / login needed like with the old NethGUI…

My 2 cents
Andy

Ok, with EDGE this does not work. But with FF. Here now the screenshot in English.

2 Likes

Apart the warnings, caldav and cardav are workable ?

Can you show us the esmith configuration of nextcloud

config show nextcloud

config show nextcloud
nextcloud=configuration
HonorAdStartTls=disabled
TrustedDomains=cloud.xxx-yyy.com
VirtualHost=cloud.xxx-yyy.com
Wellknown=enabled

I dont use caldav and cardav via NC. I have not tested if it works.

Edit:

Cardav and caldav are working.

1 Like

Warnings:

1. as @stephdl already explain you can safely ignore it: we’ve patched the PDF viewer
  2. if you do not user federation you can ignore it, see also this thread: Nextcloud: Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocm-provider/” "/ocs-provider/"
  3. same as 2
  4. the configuration it’s used for autodiscover only if using caldav/cardav, it’s not mandatory. See https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/nextcloud.html#caldav-and-carddav
  5. same as 4
  6. there is no safe default for every locale, you can set it using occ
2 Likes

Hi Giacomo,

“All well and good”, as we in Germany are wont to say. But I still don’t understand why I didn’t have the yellow warnings in the test phase.

Regards…

Uwe

2 Likes

What if I do use federation?

You can try to configure it manually following the linked doc.

What it says there does not work.

Hi,

after NC update from today, everything is ok now.

Regards…

4 Likes

For me it is working (clean install, as long as SOGo/WebTop… were not installed alongside nor installed-and-removed afterwards).

Wihout virtualhost (i.e. FQDN/nextcloud) and the “Enable CalDAV and CardDAV auto-discovery” option checked:

With virtualhost:

phone region is easily settable on the config.php file.

2 Likes