No Nethserver email via Nextcloud Mail app

did anyone ever get a solution to this problem.

seems to be a persistent issue.
i am facing similar issues.

whati want to understand is.

is everyone facing a problem using local ldap, or remote bind on the mail server

Please try the following to set ACLs for public folder and then try again to configure Nextcloud Mail.

doveadm acl set -A Public authenticated lookup read

I found another thread about the Nextcloud error and I think @thorsten is right here:

7 Likes

this fixes the problem.
thanks @mrmarkuz well appreceated.

i am now able to configure emails via manual.
Autodetect still does not work.
also facing similar challenges with outlook, cant configure emails

1 Like

For Outlook autoconfig/autodetect I can recommend the automx module by @danb35, it may work for nextcloud mail too (don’t know).

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=email_autoconfig_module

Other things to check for working autodetect:

• IMAPS 993 and SMTP 587 port open to the public
  • Configure correct helo host
4 Likes

OP here! I still haven’t got NextCloud Mail working so good to hear about a solution. I disabled NextCloud Mail earlier so to try the solution I went to enable it (Mail 1.1.3). But

• This app cannot be installed because the following dependencies are not fulfilled:
  • Server version 17 or lower is required.

My NextCloud for NethServer is 1.9.0.

I want to be sure everything correct is in place before I try the solution!

Where do you see these warnings?

Mail app is downloadable for latest Nextcloud 18:

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/mail

nethserver-nextcloud-1.9.0-1 including Nextcloud version 18.0.1 with mail 1.1.3 working here.

1 Like

When I went to the NextCloud apps to reinstall Mail. However, I tried again and installed no problem. Even better I used the command given above and I now have email on NextCloud.

:slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone!

1 Like

Yippiihahhhaaa 
 das klalalalalappt 
 Danke schön. Mail in Nextcloud funktioniert nun.

Edit - Translation
Yippiihahhhaaa 
 that wowowowoworks
 Thanky you. Mail in Nextcloud up and running

1 Like

Great. This solution fixes the problem for me too.

Thank you very much @mrmarkuz

1 Like

Nextclould email has stopped again :frowning:
I tried applying the command again but no luck. My mail is working fine elsewhere including via RoundCube. Meanwhile over in my Nextclould logs I see email errors

Fatal mail OCA\Mail\Exception\ServiceException: IMAP errorError connecting to mail server.

Maybe it really is time to give up on Nextcloud mail. How is everyone else’s running?

@mrmarkuz Do you have an idea?

I’m not going to worry about this, I’ve removed the email from Nextcloud. I don’t really need it. Nice to have but too much trouble.

This resolved the issue for me.

1 NethServer (email host) installed and I applied this ACL and it resolved my ability to have a secondary NethServer (nextcloud) login and function properly.

Yes, that’s the code I used a few weeks ago to get NC mail working. I did try again but it didn’t work this time. As I say, I can live without NC mail. I have Roundcube.

Thank you. This command worked for me too. Just a question: what does this acl mean? Does it have any security issue? May I allow it on a single IP?

Thanks

5 Likes

I cant get it to work
 I would like to get a log of it, where can I find it?

Nextcloud logs are in /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/nextcloud.log.

Thank you! Just got this:

{"reqId":"XywGm9-zv6br5OLMym7p2wAAAAk","level":4,"time":"2020-08-06T13:33:15+00:00","remoteAddr":"10.1.2.6","user":"xxxxxxxx-...","app":"mail","method":"POST","url":"/nextcloud/index.php/apps/mail/api/accounts","message":"Creating account failed: Could not connect to IMAP: Error connecting to mail server.","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0","version":"19.0.1.1"}

Any suggestions elsewhere to debug?

Maybe telnet to imap port to check if you get the “NOPERM permission denied” error:

Let’s check the permissions:

doveadm acl get -A Public

To set them for working nextcloud mail:

doveadm acl set -A Public authenticated lookup read