Nextcloud 21 is here and needs your tests

DB migrated to new mariadb105
Removed from old 5.5
Nextcloud checked, working, sync will check later.
Onlyoffice opening documents.
I had sfter upgrade mail from cron:
Cron apache@host /usr/bin/scl enable rh-php73 – php -d memory_limit=512M -f /usr/share/nextcloud/cron.php

PHP Fatal error: Declaration of OC\DB\Connection::prepare($statement, $limit = NULL, $offset = NULL) must be compatible with Doctrine\DBAL\Connection::prepare(string $sql): Doctrine\DBAL\Statement in /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php on line 52

If there is way to migrate all existing db’s to new mariadb105… I have some wordpress and matomo.

Fine work, :blush: :rocket::+1:

I got it two times since the update but not more since two days (the cron is executed each 5 minutes)

PHP Warning:  require(/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/composer/../symfony/polyfill-intl-normalizer/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/composer/../symfony/polyfill-intl-normalizer/bootstrap.php' (include_path='/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/usr/share/nextcloud/apps') in /usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

and

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php on line 133

I believe it was during the upgrade

1 Like

can you say what amount of data your updated nextcloud uses. mine is

# du -h /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/
29G	/var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/

6.9G so small one :slight_smile:

No more problems with Notes. Solved by setting the correct login credentials.

Regards

Uwe

2 Likes

It is a migration path, so each application must be different but to be generic

However at the end you have to create your backup and restoration scripts

Tested a new install and an upgrade off a very small nextcloud data set on armv7hl (arm 32bit) too without issues (note: no additional NC plugins were installed).

I’ll hope someone can give an extra confirmation it’s working on arm too.
Especially because (a minimal subset just enough for NC21) of rh-mariadb105 needed to be rebuild for arm.

On arm the installation for testing is the same as for x86_64.

3 Likes

Thanks @stephdl for your efforts with this upgrade. :+1:

I’ve tested upgrading my test Nethserver/Nextcloud to version 21.0.2 and the upgrade went very smooth.

PDF error was reported in my Security and Setup warnings but as stephdl already reported this doesn’t affect PDF viewer. I use PDF exetnesively on our Nextcloud as all our Standard Operating Procedures have been converted to PDF and are used by staff for training/review. PDF viewer works well still on this upgraded version.

I also have a lot of apps installed and some are non-featured. The only two apps I had installed that
didn’t work was because they have not been upgraded yet:

• JavaScript XMPP Chat
  • Temporary files lock

I’ve confirmed the database was migrated properly and I can login and use the new version of Nextcloud.

I then tested creating a whiteboard file and received this error:

Impossible to load Spacedeck whiteboard “cURL error 7: Failed connect to localhost:9666; Connection refused (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html) for http://localhost:9666/api/spaces”

Anyone else tested whiteboard and received a similiar error?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve done another test of the upgrade to Nextcloud 21.0.2 on Nethserver (reverted back to before the upgrade using Proxmox backup/restore). I’ve found two issues:

Whiteboard Error:

As already mentioned, Whiteboard (version 0.0.14) does not work on Nextcloud 21.0.2. I receive the following error:

Impossible to load Spacedeck whiteboard “cURL error 7: Failed connect to localhost:9666; Connection refused (see libcurl - Error Codes) for http://localhost:9666/api/spaces

I’ve opened Issue at integration_whiteboard - Whiteboard on Nextcloud 21 Error - Impossible to load Spacedeck whiteboard "cURL error 7: Failed connect to localhost:9666; Connection refused (see https:\/\/curl.haxx.se\/libcurl\/c\/libcurl-errors.html) for http:\/\/localhost:9666\/api\/spaces" · Issue #34 · nextcloud/integration_whiteboard · GitHub

Announcement Center:

I’ve noticed in my Nextcloud > Logging fatal errors related to the App Announcement Center. I reverted back to before the upgrade and confirmed that there were no errors with Announcement Center before the upgrade. The fatal error I see in my Nextcloud > Logging is:

Error: Class ‘OCA\Comments\AppInfo\Application’ not found

I’ve opened an issue in nextcloud/ announcementcenter and received the reply that this error is within Nextscloud and is currently being fixed:

I’m unsure when this fix is going to be included within Nextcloud. Announcement Center does still appear to me to work for me even though this fatal error exists. A concern I have though is these fatal errors are being thrown in my Nextcloud > Logging every second. Any ideas from @support_team if or how this fix can be included in Nextcloud before we upgrade it on Nethserver? Not that Announcement Center doesn’t work but the number of errors it throws does make it difficult to view other logging within Nextcloud.

Thank you.

1 Like

Followup to my previos post. I’m digging more into this Whiteboard error I received. I see another person also had the erorr but upon reboot their whiteboard was fixed. I’ve tried rebooting my test Nethserver/Nextcloud and Whiteboard App still will not work.

But I found this post related to my error:

In this post I see reference to the following being needed:

You need min. nodejs 10 installed and min. gcc 7.3

I’ve checked node -v and see I have version v6.17.1.
When I check gcc -v I see “gcc: command not found”.

Could this be the reason why Whiteboard does not work on Nethserver/Nextcloud?

Not that I need whiteboard but I thought I would share this information to try and get Nextcloud fully working.

Thank you.

Reading the post it look like it is not your issue;
The post is about running Whiteboard on arm and it is only available for x86_64 (I presume you are running NC on x86_64…)

Looking at this error it looks like there is a problem with the webserver of spacedeck
the application which powers Whiteboard

Sorry I cannot help you one the issue, I am not a NC user …

2 Likes

Good catch @mark_nl…this post does refrence ARM boards. Hopefully these details I’ve provided to @support_team are useful. I will also continue to monitor the issues I opened up for these applications.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you to all for the testing, the results are quite goods.
We are probably going to ship this release in few days!

3 Likes

Do you know the curl command? If so, you can try to execute it manually at the terminal and have a look, why you can’t connect.

I didn’t had whiteboard installed, if I try so it turns back, that it’s not compatible, Server Version 20 or lower is required.

@greavette, I think I have a solution for you. There is a new whiteboard. You have to install
whiteboard integration.

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/integration_whiteboard

2 Likes

Bonjour Stéphane,

There’s an error in the cockpit menu of Nextcloud 21.0
The tab about is labeled ClamAV

Kind regards
Stéphane Schoubben

1 Like

hello, could you add a screenshot please, I am not sure to understand and I did not fix something in the menu

1 Like

I have this one too. I think it’s a translationissue (Dutch).
It’s an old problem, not only in NC21.

Thank you for reporting, the wrong label is here: https://www.transifex.com/nethserver/nethserver/translate/#nl/CockpitNextcloud/177652820

I can’t fix it myself because I do not know Dutch :slight_smile:

@FriFri is dit beter ?:

2 Likes