Nextcloud 21 is here and needs your tests

We are working to propose nextcloud 21 for everybody, this is a game changer because we need to use a version of mariadb 105 (From SCL).

We have already tested our migration on workable databases and nextcloud instances, we would like to validate it on more servers with a running nextcloud installed before to release it to everybody. We aim stability :smiley: we have to test a migration from a NC20 to NC21

So the path is

yum install nethserver-nextcloud --enablerepo=nethserver-testing

Take into account that we migrate a database of mariadb55 to mariadb105, this could take a while, you can check what is occuring by opening a new ssh shell and watching by a tailf /var/log/messages

Please we need your tests and inputs

At the end

• go to the configuration > overview pages and check if all is well migrated.
  • check the nextcloud database is well removed from mariadb55
    mysqlshow
  • check the database of nextcloud105 is there
    /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysqlshow --socket=/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock
  • check you can login
  • check collabora if installed is workable
  • check your file synchronization is workable
9 Likes

What did they break this time? :grimacing:

1 Like

pdf viewer but we have patched it

For now until the next version we have a warning

Just a warning it doesn’t harm

4 Likes

We only use deck and custom menu, so I can’t test file sharing and collabora.

• Installation worked without errors.
  • Login with Windows AD credentials also works fine
  • Deck also works for first tests
  • Custom menu works also
  • Database entries also look good
+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| dolibarr           |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+
+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| nextcloud          |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+
3 Likes

thank @m.traeumner

@stephdl

Salut Stéphane

I will test NC21 on my Home Installation. NC is used with Files, Calendar, Contacts, and a few other Apps. Files, Calendar, Contacts are used intensively…

Backup before testing running now (Proxmox, so it’s fast)…

I’ll give feedback later…

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

@stephdl

Salut Stéphane

I can confirm that the tests look good.
Updated my home NethServer with:

yum install nethserver-nextcloud --enablerepo=nethserver-testing

Took a while in the background for MariaDB to update the databases…

But now all look good.

Databases:

Contacts is working on Web, iPhone, Mac and Linux
Calendar is also working on Web, iPhone, Mac and Linux

Files seem to work, at least via Browser. I have all Shares on NethServer as Samba, and using external Storage in Nextcloud.

I still need to test via iPhone App (Files), but so far, all is working as far as I can tell…

Since updating, this is the only error shown in NC log:

{"reqId":"ZvbJ4jbwgdtrEjAsfafm","level":3,"time":"2021-06-11T15:00:01+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"","url":"--","message":{"Exception":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Exception\\TableNotFoundException","Message":"An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_circle_circles' doesn't exist","Code":1146,"Trace":[{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1728,"function":"convert","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\API\\MySQL\\ExceptionConverter","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Exception"},{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1667,"function":"handleDriverException","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Exception"},{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1040,"function":"convertExceptionDuringQuery","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Exception"},"SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[]]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php","line":226,"function":"executeQuery","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[],null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php","line":210,"function":"executeQuery","class":"OC\\DB\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[]]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php","line":287,"function":"execute","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Mount/CollectiveFolderManager.php","line":216,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\DB\\QueryBuilder\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Versions/CollectiveVersionsExpireManager.php","line":60,"function":"getAllFolders","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Mount\\CollectiveFolderManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/BackgroundJob/ExpirePageVersions.php","line":34,"function":"expireAll","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Versions\\CollectiveVersionsExpireManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":80,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\BackgroundJob\\ExpirePageVersions","type":"->","args":[null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php","line":61,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/cron.php","line":128,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]}],"File":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/API/MySQL/ExceptionConverter.php","Line":47,"Previous":{"Exception":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Exception","Message":"SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_circle_circles' doesn't exist","Code":1146,"Trace":[{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Connection.php","line":87,"function":"new","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Exception","type":"::","args":[{"errorInfo":["42S02",1146,"Table 'nextcloud.oc_circle_circles' doesn't exist"],"__class__":"PDOException"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1035,"function":"query","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id"]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php","line":226,"function":"executeQuery","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[],null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php","line":210,"function":"executeQuery","class":"OC\\DB\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[]]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php","line":287,"function":"execute","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Mount/CollectiveFolderManager.php","line":216,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\DB\\QueryBuilder\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Versions/CollectiveVersionsExpireManager.php","line":60,"function":"getAllFolders","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Mount\\CollectiveFolderManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/BackgroundJob/ExpirePageVersions.php","line":34,"function":"expireAll","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Versions\\CollectiveVersionsExpireManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":80,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\BackgroundJob\\ExpirePageVersions","type":"->","args":[null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php","line":61,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/cron.php","line":128,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]}],"File":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Exception.php","Line":26,"Previous":{"Exception":"PDOException","Message":"SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_circle_circles' doesn't exist","Code":"42S02","Trace":[{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Connection.php","line":82,"function":"query","class":"PDO","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id"]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php","line":1035,"function":"query","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDO\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id"]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php","line":226,"function":"executeQuery","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[],null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php","line":210,"function":"executeQuery","class":"OC\\DB\\Connection","type":"->","args":["SELECT co.idasid, circle_unique_id, ci.nameasnameFROMoc_collectives coLEFT JOINoc_circle_circles ciONco.circle_unique_id=ci.unique_id",[],[]]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php","line":287,"function":"execute","class":"Doctrine\\DBAL\\Query\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Mount/CollectiveFolderManager.php","line":216,"function":"execute","class":"OC\\DB\\QueryBuilder\\QueryBuilder","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Versions/CollectiveVersionsExpireManager.php","line":60,"function":"getAllFolders","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Mount\\CollectiveFolderManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/BackgroundJob/ExpirePageVersions.php","line":34,"function":"expireAll","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\Versions\\CollectiveVersionsExpireManager","type":"->","args":[]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":80,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Collectives\\BackgroundJob\\ExpirePageVersions","type":"->","args":[null]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php","line":61,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]},{"file":"/usr/share/nextcloud/cron.php","line":128,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","type":"->","args":[{"__class__":"OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"},{"__class__":"OC\\Log"}]}],"File":"/usr/share/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/PDO/Connection.php","Line":82}},"CustomMessage":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Collectives\\BackgroundJob\\ExpirePageVersions, arguments: )"},"userAgent":"--","version":"21.0.2.1"}

A long one, but it seems to have to do with NC Circles, something I do not use…

No other errors are displayed.

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

Kind of looks like it. I guess the JSON logs are good, in that they’re structured and can be parsed, but not too easy to read as a human. Looks like the main error is here:

1 Like

@Andy_Wismer

for reading

cat /pat/to/json | jq

did you enable this app ?

No, I never used Circles - and it’s not in my list of Apps in NC (Never was)…

I assume the convert / upgrade process tried to upgrade it nevertheless…

My 2 cents
Andy

I searched on my server and it is not found in log

what is the output of

grep -srni 'circle' /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud/*log*

Can you find it in old logs ?

Seems so, and a LOT of entries… :frowning:
More than 500 pages… :frowning:

1 Like

maybe an old migration, or I do not know but thank a lot to be a brave tester

I think I’ll need to clean out that bit (somehow…)…
This installation is “old” - maybe 3 years - and on different Proxmox…

Can I leave the test installation until it’s distributed?
As a proxmox, It’s also easy to roll back…

1 Like

My personal server is migrated you can leave it as is.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hello together,

I can also confirm that after the update everything works as usual. Only the CloudNotes app on my iPhone gives this error message:

Error with Notes Synchronisation
Response Status Code was unacceptable: 401

Regards and a sunny weekend…

Uwe

1 Like

Something in nextcloud log ?

Hi @ stephdl,

An error has occurred in the document service: Wrong password

But I have had this message for a few minutes and I see it in connection with Onlyoffice. I can log on to the NC with the app. Only the synchronisation does not work.