Nextcloud 21 is here and needs your tests

@dnutan

Hi Marc

Sorry for my late answer, but I had to go out in the heat shopping

I do use custom filtering, but my goal is a bit different

I wanted to filter out irritating system users from the user list shown in Nextcloud. It’s hard to explain to clients for what all those (Samba / Windows) System users / groups are doing in NC
 They’re not needed in NC and are there just because NC uses AD Authentification

So I use a Nethserver-AD group called nextcloud-users, and that is the basis for any user (group) to be displayed in NC (eg for sharing). So no confusing system users to explain to my clients
 :slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

It’s a bit confusing. After the upgrade to Nextcloud 21 I have 2 mysql databases in the system. The one in /var/lib/mysql contains the old db used by nethserver.
And where sits the other one? “/opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysqlshow --socket=/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock” gives me the correct answer. But how can I backup the nextcloud database? I use the app quick notes which get saved in the database. So it would be good to know where that is.

Thanks for answering this stupid question :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Ralph

Not a stupid question but if you have two databases you failed to upgrade, could you check the messages logs and show us the content of the upgrade (please use a gist to display the log message lines )

Gist? What is that? Never did this before. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nextcloud 21 has been released.

@rasi you can eventually upload a text file here with the content of the log :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mean 2 nextcloud databases, or do you mean one database nextcloud at the new mariadb 105 and all other nethserver databases at the old place mariadb 55?

I mean the nextcloud database at the new mariadb 105 and all other nethserver databases at the old place mariadb 55. Why is that?

I used the testing upgrade.

Hello
Or the latest updated nethserver and also nextcloud, everything seems to work but I can no longer log in with admin with the default password Nethesis, 1234

this is normal we just upgraded the nextcloud database, others are still running on mariadb55

Hi stephdl ant other,

after updating to the final version, I now have these warnings in the log:

There are some errors in your system configuration.

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information can be found in our documentation. (List of invalid files 
 / Analyse again
)

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocm-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that has not been updated to deliver this folder directly. Please compare your configuration with the supplied rewrite rules in “.htaccess” for Apache or those provided in the Nginx documentation on its documentation page. On Nginx, these are typically the lines beginning with “location ~” that need an update.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve “/ocs-provider/”. This is most likely related to a web server configuration that has not been updated to deliver this folder directly. Please compare your configuration with the supplied rewrite rules in “.htaccess” for Apache or those provided in the Nginx documentation on its documentation page. On Nginx, these are typically the lines beginning with “location ~” that require an update.

Regards

Uwe

The integrity check error is because of pdf viewer patch, see Nextcloud 21 is here and needs your tests

The ocm/ocs provider/well-known path errors could be because SoGo or Webtop are already using the paths.

BTW, I updated two servers including Collabora and Onlyoffice (module versions) without issues.

1 Like

Okay, good to know. My question was where the nextcloud database sits. I do not see it anywhere.

Running on a specific mariadb server available only by a linux socket

[quote]
Running on a specific mariadb server available only by a linux socket [/quote]

I have that. Otherwise Nextcloud would not work at all.
But how can I backup this database if it’s not in the file system?

should be done by the backup system, please test and report

I use duplicity. Where would I find this database in the backup? Pls explain.

you should never expect that a backup is good without attempting its restoration to a virtual machine
please test it

1 Like

moreover with restic it is encrypted, so I do not know how to read inside, it is not a tar :frowning: