Nextcloud 20 Release

Thanks for the news!!

It seems that Nextcloud only cares about increasing the version number and adding features on features without maintaining them properly.
:grimacing:

2 Likes

…like E2EE…

1 Like

Yeah, the more I see over at Nextcloud the more I’m glad WE’RE not pushing out v20 until… all the apps work properly, etc. The last thing I need are broken production servers.

2 Likes

New features on nextcloud seems cool. Our bot created all the stuff for nextcloud, but I’d prefer wait a little bit before releasing it.
I’d say, we can wait for of 20.1 release :wink:

6 Likes

Nice idea. I don’t know why, but i like it.

1 Like

we can still have a testing branch available for install on the nethserver testing repo of sorts…

Nextcloud 20.01 has been released.

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/releases/tag/v20.0.1

Could we kindly have the new version of nextcloud on Nethserver now?

It’s ready to be tested: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/6314

2 Likes

is this on normal release branch, or do i need to enable repo testing.

As always, until the package has been releases, it is available on testing repository. :wink:

1 Like

I see that 20.0.1 is in active testing and I’m concerned. This is not 20.1.

I know that by saying something the finger is going to be pointed at me to test and I don’t know how I’m going to do that this week.

That said, it appears, the last I looked, that the greatest complaints about v20 were broken, fundamental apps, I may be wrong, I haven’t had time to actually catalog complaints and see if they were valid but it seems like principals over at NC acknowledged issues with fundamental apps.

So the question I have is are we testing to the level of all the apps to see if, while NC may work, that workflows aren’t going to be disrupted for users, because fundamental apps aren’t working, I know @dz00te is working hard at it as I type.

From my side I’d rather not rush this.

1 Like

Hi Friends of the sun, i like the modern look of NC 20. Thanks for the effort.

Uwe

I agree with your approach. Suggesting to not allow the join to the “not testing” branch until a quite good review of package.

NC will not release a 20.1.0 version.
Versions are like 20.0.1, 20.0.2, etc. You can see the progress of releases 18 and 19.

I’ve tested the latest version and I had a problem: Nextcloud 20.0.1 · Issue #6314 · NethServer/dev · GitHub

Still, I didn’t see many complaints on the forum so it could be an isolated issue. More feedback is very welcome!

This is like blaming one that polishes his product, for you the user of that product.

FYI, the version 20XX is way more advanced and different than 19XX, so trust me, bumping the version up, is not a luxury or fancy thing, like would do M$ after changing the disposition of the icons in the control panel :slight_smile:

Personally, I was trying to install a NC module, but it was incompatible with the NC 19XX, so I had to migrate NC to 20XX, on a debian machine …

I had a very pleasant surprise, it is a great piece of software .

I recommend it .

1 Like

Updated via the testing branch without issue. So far no obvious errors are popping up. Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Hi,

i have the following error message in NC Admin Panel:

[PHP] Error: Error: Undefined offset: 3 at /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php#548 at <>

1. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Helper.php line 548
    OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onError(8, “Undefined offset: 3”, “/usr/share/next … p”, 548, {path: “/”,rootI … }})
  2. /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Settings/Personal/PersonalInfo.php line 108
    OC_Helper::getStorageInfo("/")
  3. /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php line 141
    OCA\Settings\Settings\Personal\PersonalInfo->getForm()
  4. /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/PersonalSettingsController.php line 77
    OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController->formatSettings({10: [OCA\Settin … ]})
  5. /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/CommonSettingsTrait.php line 152
    OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController->getSettings(“personal-info”)
  6. /usr/share/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/PersonalSettingsController.php line 68
    OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController->getIndexResponse(“personal”, “personal-info”)
  7. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 169
    OCA\Settings\Controller\PersonalSettingsController->index(“personal-info”)
  8. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 100
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\Settings\Con … {}, “index”)
  9. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 152
    OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\Settings\Con … {}, “index”)
  10. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 308
    OC\AppFramework\App::main(“OCA\Settings\ … r”, “index”, OC\AppFramework\ … {}, {section: "perso … "})
  11. /usr/share/nextcloud/lib/base.php line 1009
    OC\Route\Router->match("/settings/user")
  12. /usr/share/nextcloud/index.php line 37
    OC::handleRequest()

GET /index.php/settings/user
from 192.168.154.180 by admin at 2020-10-27T16:51:51+00:00

Regards

Uwe