Nextcloud 16 released

New Nextcloud version 16.0.2 is in testing: https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5784
I’ve tested the update from 16.0.1 version using ldap account provider and it works.

5 Likes

I also upgraded from 16.0.1 to 16.0.2. Also LDAP. No issues.

No guts, no glory!

3 Likes

16.0.2 has been released https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5784
Thanks to @davidep @LayLow @dz00te for the QA :clap:

4 Likes

and now .3 drops… smh.

Yep. But I would be more interested in the changelog and if it is worth to build a new Nethserver version for every minor release.

For security and major bugs fixing updates in minor versions, I would say yes. For cosmetic changes and some new features I would say no.

Next to that, major releases are announced and have RC’s, so at such a time, the Nethserver-version could be update to the latest minor release to prepare for the next major release upgrade path.

Otherwise the dev team is required to follow the Nextcloud releases on a daily basis. So in short, is it worth it to release a new minor release, and can we upgrade to a major release skipping some minor releases.

Make any sense? Prob. not… :wink:

Sincerely I don’t agree.
I mean… I would not build/release a custom at the xx.0.0 of the new source package, but i’ll wait at least a week or two for let the users find the remaining issues not caught by beta or QA group. Quite all the times happens.
Therefore, I’ll do the release. But that’s only what i think…

And that’s fair enough!

i’m facing a serious upload problem that is fixed in Nextcloud 16.0.3
see also

Here is the patch if you want to apply it. It is holiday season, I don’t know if devs are around to release 16.0.3 any time soon. Until then you are on your own. Make sure you backup you nextcloud files before you do anything.

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/nextcloud/server/pull/15992.patch

HTH

1 Like

Updated package in progress:

2 Likes

Developers never sleep! :stuck_out_tongue:

@jgelauff you can test the package from testing:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-nextcloud

Please report the result of your test !

3 Likes

Too much coffee? :laughing:

1 Like

updated with the test package.
(drag and drop) upload is working fine now.
all looking fine, no errors with the update

3 Likes

…and now they’re up to 16.0.4:

Changelog is not that short…

i’m offering some time to test the 16.0.4 nextcloud packages the next days’s ,
if someone will update the nextcloud packages :wink:

I think we as nethserver community must implement the updates quicker to keep nextcloud on nethserver secure and with less bugs simple because of the fact that nethserver is THE one-click install nextcloud distribution.

3 Likes

Sounds great Jos. Thanks for helping us and contributing to the project.

But they are on “IT-holidays” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess referring to this discussion: Typo at the Subscription page :wink:

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, only a little joke by the way.