New look for NethServer 7

Voted Light Polygons again!

Hi Alessia,

Iā€™m agree with @bwdjames.
I will vote again Light polygons.

Gabriel

OOOOOOOOOMG! ā€¦ I love Color polygons :heart_eyes:

I insist that it is a good idea for the user to have more than one alternative to choose from. When we do a round of ā€œShow your install Nethserverā€ we will give account of the trend.

Congratulations @Alessia . Excellent proposals

1 Like

I think the background will be editable, but to be sure I need to analyze the code :wink:

1 Like

I think style is OK but not important. We came from zentyal (nice style / bad reliability). So my vote is light polygons but please spent time on functionality, new features (modules) and wishlists from users. aesthetics changes every year. for me the clear structure of the main menu on the left is more important. beside this a logo in top left corner would be nice for managing customer servers.

my favorite wish is integration of seafile. :wink:

Hardy

Hi,

Is the left menu will be editable?

1 Like

Couldnā€™t we have all these graphics as visual appearance options in some sort of theme configuration?

1 Like

As replayed before, probably the admin will be able to choose a theme, but for now only from the console :wink:

We have different developers with different skill, this means we can give little time to aesthetics while we are working on other features (right now we are focusing on SSL certificates management).

You can already change it :wink:

Try it yourself and share your experience!

AFAIU, owncloud and seafile are mutually exclusive.
@wombat77, could you highlight the pros and cons of each product?
We could offer two options, with a clear document to help the end user choosing the best product for his needs.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Comparison between Owncloud and Seafile

Thank you very much @apradoc!
Iā€™m very happy you like these! :smiley:

And thankā€™s all to vote, your opinions are very important for us! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Please check Feature and Development adding your comments or opening a new topic :slight_smile:
Several modules/features are already there.

1 Like

Thanks to @Alessia, Light polygons has been integrated as default theme!
Also, the user will be able to change to Color Polygons using the command line.

Also Alessia did a great job for the First Configuration Wizard restyle!

Before:

After:

10 Likes

It looks great, @Alessia

3 Likes

@Alessia: Just updated ns7a3-vm and suddenly there was a new look and Iā€™d like to say: I love it!
Much higher contrast, better overview due to the blue lines and a cool fresh look.
Possible to get this for NS6.8? Please? :pray: :pray::pray:
Thank you.

1 Like

Yeah, I love it too! :heart_eyes:

Unfortunately not, it would be contrary to the main goal :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @davidep & @Alessia

I was editing a Joomla site and in a wave, surfing the Internet, I found this template to Control Panel.

GitHub - ColorlibHQ/AdminLTE: AdminLTE - Free admin dashboard template based on Bootstrap 5

Preview: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview

What do you think?

4 Likes

It looks very cool! However on NS7 we donā€™t want to change too much the interface because there are so many changes in the underlying OS!

I hope to switch the entire UI to Cockpit on NS8 :pray:

3 Likes

Wow! Itā€™s awesome!!:astonished::sparkles:

Good research @apradoc !
I hope we could do an interface like this in NS8!
Weā€™ll work very hard, itā€™s a promise! :muscle:

Oh! And @flatspin, my colleague @alefattorini has already answered to you, however thank you for your regards!

Now Iā€™m working to join all my colleagues the dark side of pretty and user friendly interfaces! :imp:
Stay tuned!

4 Likes

http://cockpit-project.org/ :thumbsup:
To infinity [NS] and beyond

2 Likes