New Apache integration in cockpit (Web server)

Some works I am doing on the cockpit side to integrate the apache features inside the new server-manager, the new things I needed to learn is to make a table from a key type/database, well a lot of fun.

10 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Install wordpress inside a virtualhost

now going to the dashboard thinktank/creation…proxypass done

4 Likes

the dashboard is coming, I detect all php scl and mysql version

I have the best to do, make this

Scoreboard: _W____..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

to a nice graph

well some fun to come

4 Likes

4 Likes

Well done Steph!

• I’d change some labels, the most important is the app title: why not keeping the same Nethgui title: “Web server”?
  • About the graph: it needs a caption/label/title to understand its meaning. What about “Server workload”? And a caption for each colour.

The “Lamp status” is a nice idea, we can develop further. I understand its purpose is to inform the admin of the available software stack, to install some PHP web application in a vhost home.

If possible I’d group together some elements, instead of giving the bare RPM list. Furtheremore, I’d not limit the list to the “LAMP” concept: also PostgreSQL is citizen here :wink:

For instance, the groups could be

• PHP version(s) and which one is using FPM
  • SQL Databases
  • Apache itself – we can never forget it :smiley:
  • …

All this information can be folded, like you can see in other Cockpit dashboards, because it’s required only during (hopefully) rare occasions, like a new web app software installation.

2 Likes

nice ideas, I wanted yesterday to detect portsgre(official and scl), but I stepped back because of the time to detect all services, but it is probably just a matter of customisations/adaptations, so yes I will go further

agreed but web server could be also nginx :smiley:

The works on the graph is not terminated, so definitively yes, captation and title, but due to css, it is hard, I hope I will have more chance soon :slight_smile:

Agree, I would leave the original name that hides the software we’re using.

1 Like

5 Likes

Amazing work!

It’s almost time to test it :wink: