NethServer Subscriptions Page Feedback

I’m with Hector, Take the monies.

If you are in a position to offer updates already then it’s time to start signing people up.
The name insn’t that important, whats important is that it works. Neth gets the Monies, we get the updates, simples :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, as far as I understand:

2 Likes

I like auto updates, but is that smart? Personally I like to see what I am updating before I update. Though…CentOS SHOULD be perfectly fine to auto update. Im still used to windows updates which usually end up breaking something. Ive never had a stable centos update break anything, as long as test repos arent being updated auto, it should be fine. Still voted for manual updates :smiley:

1 Like

If the auto updates in Community version will work like in Enterprise version, I can assure that I have never had a problem.

1 Like

When installing NethServer for the firs time, the first update should be run automatically - after that - its 50-50 in my mind of whether it should be automatic after that. Part of it is down to personal preference and also the environment the installation is in.

2 Likes

Just voted for the “Lazy SysAdmin auto-update” choice. I do believe that this would be the best option, only if there is the ability to turn it off easily, and only if all updates are tested to not break supported configurations prior to being sent downstream. As @planet_jeroen said above

One request for this though, if/when an update does get installed a email should be sent to the administrator with details about the update.

As for the subscriptions I think it looks great!

2 Likes

Folks, I’m working again on the subscription page converting it into a table.
What do you think of this new explanation? Is it clearer than the last one?
At the moment Nethesis is not able to offer support per Incident in the Crostino plan, I had to remove it

I’d like to add two FAQ in order to explain some points

How does the 30-day free trial work?

Starting the Trial you can access all the features in the Pizza plan for 30 days (Professional Support is NOT included during the Trial period). We want to make sure that you are completely satisfied with NethServer Subscriptions before you buy the product.

How many support tickets do I get in total if I buy two or more subcriptions?

With every subscription you purchase you will get a certain amount of included support tickets. Those tickets are NOT cumulative.
For example: If you run two servers with NethServer and you order Lasagna (3 ticket) for the first one and Fiorentina (6 ticket) for the second one, you are able to open 3 tickets for the first server and 6 for the second server.

Need your help people @ambassadors_group @planet_jeroen @quadpr5 @FixitFelix @bwdjames @hector @Jclendineng what do you think about these plan overviews?
Which of them is more clear and accurate? There are some mistakes but I’d like to know your preferences. How is it easy to understand the differences between plans? Check the post above as well.

Table

Columns

The rows “Professional support” and “Support tickets/year” could be merged. What is meant for “professional” could be explained elsewhere (i.e. in a FAQ)

I guess professional support for Crostino is also via Customer portal + SSH!

Why not use the “included” word?

x crostino lasagna fiorentina pizza
Professional support 100€ per incident 3 tickets included 6 tickets included 12 tickets included

The “year” word is redundant, as fares are already declared "per year"
Where’s phone support? Monitoring portal?

Why did you change?

The table view is much clearer IMO. I’d vote for that!

1 Like

Please don’t comment the “descriptions” I’m working on that.
I’d like to know if it’s better the table or the columns

This is a pity because it makes Crostino less interesting for companies. The price was setup on this too I think, 3 incidents for 300 € would make you move to Lasagna but now?

Looks good - the subtle changes are a lot more clearer and the spreadsheet table is a good addition

1 Like

Because it’s very hard to cumulate tickets, phone support and alarms (aka monitoring portal) if you have different plans on different servers. It’s much easier to connect a specific support plan (and tickets) to a specific server.

Table looks better and is easier to overlook than the columns IMO.

1 Like

I know, I expect to add it again once the payment infrastructure will make it possible. Bear with us in the meantime :slight_smile:

Look at the answer above.

Come on. To connect a specific amount of tikets to a specific customer is easier. :smile:
I think the real reason is about the money. :wink: That’s o.k. for me. Although the cummulation made the subsciption very attractive IMO.

1 Like

@bwdjames thanks for your input

Thanks folks, let’s go on with the table :slight_smile:

Small preview of the news boxes on the dashboard.

Preview of the asset/monitoring portal

6 Likes

Honestly, the problem is both technical and commercial.
Technically if you buy Pizza with phone support and x tickets how can Nethesis separate them from other plans? How are support guys able to understand if you are allowed to make that call or not? It would be very tricky.

Commercially let me admit that is a bit crazy, you can buy 5 Crostino and 1 Fiorentina and spread all the tickets on all your subscriptions :slight_smile:

That’s a final version of the table :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it’s not hardware bound I can just change a Fiorentina with a Crostino and use all my support tickets that way.