NethServer Version: 7,5
Congratulations to me!
Today I switch off my Zentyal 3.0 server finally. All services and Data are migrated to Nethserver.
Some notes on migration (Will give for details upon request):
- Mail -> imapsync
- Calender -> no migration at all
- VCards -> Thunderbird with TZPush addon, Zarafa with ActiveSync. Switch off https on Zarafa virtual mail host, export as LDIF, import to SoGo
- files -> Transfer mainly using NFS form unofficial Nethserver module (should be official)
- music -> sonos links to shares + unofficial Madsonic
- shares -> some issues but no “must have” concerned
- radius -> still an open issue as the module is not official and it does not authtificate against LDAP
- ladp -> fine after some “get used to” issues, especially derived from sAMAccountName vs UserPrincipal name.
- phpmysql -> some issues from missunderstanding, e.g. not possible to change root password after installation without influencing other modules (e.g. data backup)
- scripts -> using unofficial CronModule (should be official)
-> Some Cron jobs to move or delete backup files from other servers
-> Some cron jobs to parse internal web site and to write data to a mysql-db (homecontrol / radiation system)
- Mail -> perfect! Much better than I was used to - however still in some mess arround DNS settings
- DNS -> Completly different from what I was used to, do still need some help to understand how it works …
- Proxy / Nethwork groups -> still under setup
- KVM -> not used anymore. Set up Proxmox VE running Nethserver as a VM
Please let me know if you want me to share experiences on special topics