NethServer featured in DistroWatch.com!

Good observation, could you please send them an email about it? Thanks very much.

Done, today.

1 Like

It’s ok now on Distrowatch…

3 Likes

Today I was looking Distrowatch and more statistics:
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=popularity

For the last month… The NethServer Rank is #93
When the standard rank ( 6 months ) is #108

A little more communication and good work and Nethserver will be n the #100.
With more visibility, we will certainly be more active users.

What do you think? Are you agree ?

1 Like

I agree, stuff like this could help
With the new site and NethServer 7, I hope to make some steps in the right direction :slight_smile:

woohooooo
Nethserver is in the top #100

Caipirinha and Champagne for everybody here!

7 Likes

Wow! This is great, best result ever on Distrowatch :slight_smile: we’re in home page!
134 visits/day :heart_eyes:
thanks @Jim

3 Likes

Position 90 and 142 visits/day @Jim

4 Likes

And up!!!

1 Like

with the RCs coming and the future NS 7.
Nethserver will detonate more yet :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi,

I reborn this thread for a little observation…
Yesterday, I was looking on Distrowatch something and looking for “the concurrence”…
I simply go to the search distrowatch tool, and looking for a “firewall distro”… And NethServer not appear in this category :fearful:

@alefattorini, perhaps is could be a good thing to correct this point, to improve this reference with Distrowatch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your heads-up. Do you have a minute for pointing it out to the distrowatch crew?
I would appreciate it

Ok I will write to Jesse…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done,

Hello,

My name is Jim, and I’m a Nethserver user and part of this great community.

I’m writing to make a suggestion, and correct a little error in the reference, the classification of this distribution…
As the same title as the ClearOs distribution, Nethserver is firstly a firewall distribution and can be extend like ClearOs as a Small Business Server.
When I search for a Firewall distribution on Distrowatch, Nethserver don’t appear in the result.

Can you correct this point?

All the best,

Jim

2 Likes

That’s exactly the same situation in Wikipedia’s List of Router and Firewall Distributions where both ClearOS and SME Server are mentioned but not NS.

Perhaps someone with an edit account there can update it.

Cheers.

NethServer is not mentioned in Wikipedia because there is no page for NethServer. They don’t allow listings if there is no page for the mentioned topic.

And to be honest: I couldn’t care less for a Wikipedia page. The moderation maffia at Wikipedia is just too horrible to cope with. Been there, done that… (sorry for the negative rant)

Perhaps someone with a good english skill can create the Nethserver page in Wikipedia, and modifie/ create the NethServer entry in the List of Router and Firewall distribution.

Any good visibility for NethServer worth it.

To come back to Distrowatch, there’s now a possibility to note the Distro, and comment the Distro…
What do you think to clear your cookie and go to Distrowatch, click on NethServer and let a good comment ?:wink:

1 Like

Hey guys,

I don’t see “user review” on Distrowatch…
Come on!

@alefattorini, the change for firewall categorie isn’t done yet.
I suggest you do this solicitation… The distrowatch staff already know you!

@discobot make yourself usefull! Go post on Distrowatch! And make Nethserver popular to increase the project visibility…
It’s not really complicate… You can do,it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot! Don’t be silly! Do what I say :rofl::rofl::rofl: