Mixed updates post among NS7 and NS8?

So. I read a post in “Updates for NethServer 7” and i found kmods about Wireguard, and a package for migration. Maybe my setups are not impacted by these packages, so I’m gettin them wrong, but the options i found plausible were:

1. Not-yet released NS7 modules, not available into Software Center
  2. NS8 specific modules/packages

I personally prefer have two topics/releases between the products (which are totally distance except for the developers) but I think that’s still feasible… a way to differentiate not by packages (who reads should catch in a blink of eye if it’s NethServer7 or ContainerOrchestrator8) what they are related to.

nethserver-ns8-migration is used to migrate the NS7 modules to NS8 node of a cluster, wiregards is a dependency. I you do not install them on your NS7 then you are not concerned by these RPM

3 Likes

I agree with Steph: as those RPMs are a new feature of NS7 it is correct to see them among NS7 updates. BTW they shouldn’t be visible in the software center yet.

However, if I get Michael’s point, we have to keep discussions on this community separate. For this purpose I think appropriate topic tagging should work. If one is not interested about a tag, Discourse allows to mute it in the user’s preferences.

The tag ns8 is quite widespread, I propose to hold on with it until a decision comes about if and how to change the ns8 product name.

2 Likes

Thanks for conferming the option 1

Two possible ways could be separate topics for the different products or tagged messages related to the correct one, these are simply the first ideas that come to me.

2 Likes

Agree, go with ns8 as for now

2 Likes