Issues during Nethserver update (Zabbix-agent2 related)

Hi guys,

I recently tried to update to the latest packages and got this error message… Anyone has a clue?
{
“state”: “running”,
“steps”: -1,
“event”: “Initialization”
}
{
“event”: “Resolving RPM dependencies”
}
{
“event”: “Downloading Packages”
}
{
“event”: “Check Package Signatures”
}
{
“event”: “Running Test Transaction”
}
{
“status”: “failed”,
“message”: “[YumRPMCheckError] [u’ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:’, ‘zabbix-agent2 is needed by nethserver-zabbix-agent-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch’]”,
“event”: null
}
{
“id”: “1618250992”,
“type”: “EventFailed”,
“message”: “See /var/log/messages”
}

Here is what it is trying to update :

Just to be clear, I didn’t install zabbix-agent2, I previously installed Zabbix Server with zabbix-agent which were running fine. All I was trying to do is update to the latest packages and now it is complaining it is missing zabbix-agent2.

Hi,

may be this can help?

Regards…

Uwe

1 Like

I already had Zabbix installed and was working, I’m only trying to update to the most recent packages and now noticed Zabbix-agent2 was introduced but the update is complaining that zabbix-agent2 is required… Not sure I want that… So I’m guessing there is something wrong with the update… Either way, I shouldn’t be forced to use Zabbix-agent2 right now.

Please try:
yum -y update --enablerepo=zabbix

3 Likes

Thanks @fausp, that solved the problem!

1 Like

I uploaded zabbix-agent and zabbix-agent2 to my repo to avoid these issues in future…

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: - Had the same issue today…

Thanks @mrmarkuz.

Just out of curiosity, I just found the procedure to update to zabbix-agent2. Is it recommended to upgrade Nethserver to that version or are there any known issues?

Just to explain, the only reason why I would install zabbix-agent2 on nethserver is to monitoring systemd stuff.

1 Like

There were no issues yet with agent2 AFAIK.

yes this is the biggest interest

Imagine the service sssd stop to work on your email server, postfix gives back permanent bounces for your users, no hope to retrieve the email later

You have to import the template manually, then systemd services are automatically found.

think you have to sign manually the rpm

2 Likes

Done.

Thanks @stephdl. Where can I find the template for this? I’ll probably experiment with one of my systems this weekend.

1 Like

read the doc

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=zabbix#template_module

Thanks.

There are so many things to read in a day, for those searching for it, here it is :

Also found this which appears to be identical and include a agent2 for Zabbix 4.4 as well I think. The 5.x version is there too. Anyways here it is to help those who need to fix problems in a hurry :

Cheers

1 Like

Yep I cloned the template to adapt it to nethserve/centos, let us know if you can break it

Cool, I just found it as I was looking around. I doubt I’ll have time to spend on breaking this. As I said before, submerged in a lot of reading right now on a project and that problem happened yesterday… Hence, why I asked for the link to the template as I literally have not much time but monitoring systemd stuff was something I needed for a long time…

Anyways thanks for the info :slight_smile:

2 Likes