Zabbix 5.0 LTS has been released

@MrE

Saludos Enrique!

I’ve uploaded the file “zbx_mediatypes_telegram.xml” to my nextcloud for you (In your folder…)

Exported from Zabbix 5.0.8 in XML…

My 2 cents
Andy

3 Likes

Thank you @Andy_Wismer

Just to add a note that you commented to me::

"For all of us who can’t use the latest 5.2,…
The newer Version uses yaml, which 5.0 can’t use… "

1 Like

Sorry, but if I upgrade, the upgrade procedure keeps the configuration?? I hope so.

Yes, it does keep the config.

1 Like

Looks pretty good, but the Graphs menu, has changed, You need to configure the Screens is a confortable use, but not natural for first time.

1 Like

Maybe i am wrong but…

[root@zabbix ~]# yum update
snippety snip
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package nethserver-zabbix.noarch 0:0.0.1-8.ns7 will be updated
---> Package nethserver-zabbix.noarch 0:0.0.1-9.ns7 will be an update
--> Processing Dependency: nmap for package: nethserver-zabbix-0.0.1-9.ns7.noarch
--> Processing Dependency: nethserver-zabbix-agent for package: nethserver-zabbix-0.0.1-9.ns7.noarch
--> Running transaction check
---> Package nethserver-zabbix-agent.noarch 0:0.0.1-1.ns7 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: zabbix-agent2 for package: nethserver-zabbix-agent-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch
---> Package nmap.x86_64 2:6.40-19.el7 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: nethserver-zabbix-agent-0.0.1-1.ns7.noarch (mrmarkuz)
           Requires: zabbix-agent2

Why i should install zabbix-agent2 for use and/or update nethserver-zabbix?

Nethserver-zabbix-agent is intended to ease monitoring of a Nethserver.
Nethserver-zabbix requires nethserver-zabbix-agent now. This way the modules are easier to maintain.
zabbix-agent2 is a new agent providing for example a service check. It’s required but disabled by default.
See wiki entry.

2 Likes

same at me.

Please update with the needed repos enabled. With the new version the repos should be enabled by default.

yum update --enablerepo=zabbix,mrmarkuz

2 Likes

yes now the zabbix repo will be enabled, I got yesterday an update from zabbix so it is important to get it enabled to update

1 Like

Sorry @mrmarkuzzabbix-agent is a dependancy of zabbix. Ok. So there’s already zabbix-agent installed on my system.
If i want i can install zabbix2-agent. If I don’t want, i shouldn’t have to install zabbix-agent2. Which is dependancy of nethserver-zabbix, not zabbix.

Or now zabbix2-agent is mandatory for zabbix?
Because if you decided that zabbix-agent2 is mandatory (as new agent), i don’t like it but i can relate, and I’m hoping to remove zabbix-agent

zabbix-agent2 and zabbix-agent

Maybe you can import and sign these rpms yourself @mrmarkuz to your repo, like this you will avoid tears and cries from others :smiley:

1 Like

No cry or harsh feelings, only… expressed choices are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

code is law, a developer takes sometimes a direction

zabbix-agent2 is required but disabled by default so there should be no issue with updating.
It’s easier to install both agents than to separate them and manage two rpms and this way it’s easy to migrate from agent to agent2.

3 Likes

Zabbix 5.0.12 released. And installed. With the usual yum update command. No reboot yet. Seems working.

Cheers.

3 Likes

15 months laters… 5.0.27 release. Don’t forget the usual signal-event nethserver-zabbix-update after package install.

5 Likes

6 months laters… 5.0.30 install. Don’t forget the usual signal-event nethserver-zabbix-update after package install.
(yeah, copypasted, lazy thursday)

1 Like

Amost 9 months laters… 5.0.37 install. Don’t forget the usual signal-event nethserver-zabbix-update after package install.
(totally copypasted, lazy saturday)

2 Likes

I’m quite boring here. New stuff

zabbix-server-pgsql-5.0.41-1.el7.x86_64
zabbix-agent2-5.0.41-1.el7.x86_64
zabbix-web-5.0.41-1.el7.noarch
zabbix-agent-5.0.41-1.el7.x86_64

don’t forget to trigger the signal-event command you find into upper post.

2 Likes