Issue wirh letsenrcrypt renewal

hi there

letsencrypt packages installed and uptodate (I guess)

[root@neth ~]# yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing list *letsencrypt*
Plugin abilitati:changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events, presto, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: it.centos.contactlab.it
 * extras: it.centos.contactlab.it
 * nethserver-base: mirror2.nethserver.org
 * nethserver-updates: mirror2.nethserver.org
 * updates: it.centos.contactlab.it
nethserver-testing                                                                                                                               | 2.9 kB     00:00
nethserver-testing/primary_db                                                                                                                    | 159 kB     00:00
Pacchetti installati
letsencrypt.sh.noarch                                                              0.0.1-1.ns6                                                       @nethserver-updates
nethserver-letsencrypt.noarch                                                      1.0.2-1.ns6                                                       @nethserver-updates

my certificate expired today and no renewal happened

trying to renew manually:

[root@neth ~]# /usr/libexec/nethserver/letsencrypt-certs -v -t
/usr/sbin/letsencrypt.sh --cron  --config /tmp/GDTOFkQdQx/config.sh  -d neth.mind-at-work.it  -d mail.slowfoodtreviso.it  -d www.mind-at-work.it  -d www.slowfoodtreviso.it
# INFO: Using main config file /tmp/GDTOFkQdQx/config.sh
+ Generating account key...
+ Registering account key with letsencrypt...
Processing neth.mind-at-work.it with alternative names: mail.slowfoodtreviso.it www.mind-at-work.it www.slowfoodtreviso.it
 + Signing domains...
 + Creating new directory /tmp/GDTOFkQdQx/certs/neth.mind-at-work.it ...
 + Generating private key...
 + Generating signing request...
 + Requesting challenge for neth.mind-at-work.it...
[root@neth ~]#

no error trace in any log

any hint?

TIA

Some time back there was a similar problem. Did you have the system up to date?

1 Like

hi there

my system is fully up to date… no updates to apply

ok, I made a copy of my original letsencrypt.sh script and used the source code found on github… everything is working now…

thank you

BTW, I can’t find any updated nethserver-letsencrypt package nor letsencrypt one… so, the question is: how am I supposed to update my system if no packages seem to be available?

On NethServer 6.8 the letsencrypt packages are available from the nethserver-base repository.
I get the 1.0.0-1.n6 version for letsencrypt.sh.noarch, and 1.0.3.-1.ns6 for nethserver-letsencrypt.noarch, which I guess are the latest stable packages.

Both were installed when issuing the command:

yum install nethserver-letsencrypt

did a yum upgrade before writing here…

as you can se in my first post, I have old packages, but I can’t see any update for them

At the moment, most recent letsencrypt packages are only available on NethServer 6.8 (and 7.x). I guess you are still getting 6/6.7 repos.
Can you verify which Centos release and which NethServer release are in use?

[root@neth ~]# uname -a
Linux neth.mind-at-work.it 2.6.32-642.1.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 31 21:57:07 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@neth ~]# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
[root@neth ~]# cat /etc/nethserver
nethserver/         nethserver-release
[root@neth ~]# cat /etc/nethserver-release
NethServer release 6.8 (Final)
[root@neth ~]#

All seems correct. Please, if you don’t mind, try with:

yum clean metadata
yum update

If it does not work as expected, try with yum clean all