Yes and No.I have both installed next to each other
- If I really look at the usage of client software, am not using SoGo nor Nextcloud at all. My clients an IOS Mail / calendar / contacts or Spark mail. On the Windows side I use Windowa mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- On server side, you need a groupware provider. Within Nextcloud there ar two options: SoGo an WebTop. I did not know that Nextcloud can do this either, I always thought, Nextcloud is just a client.
- I came from Zentyal using Zarafa groupware - it was easier to me to transfer contacts via SoGo.
- This is 4 years ago, but I tried Weptop first. I had some trouble, but I can not remember anymore.
- I liked the the look and feel from SoGo webfrontend more than Webtop, if found it more retraind, less coltish and somehow more reputable. But these are just personal feelings
- Webtop has a Nextcloud file storage integration - I really miss that feature within Sogo (btw: I found an upload and link extension for Thunderbird recently - it uplods attachments to Nextcloud and creates the link share as well sa password and expiry from TB )
I Hope this helps