Invitation to Zabbix "Hands On" training

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been asked often, and not only by members of this forum, if I could do some Zabbix Training…

Well here it is:

Invitation to a “Hands On” presentation / workshop with Zabbix by Andy_Wismer

Topic: Zabbix Hands-On Training
Time: Feb 4, 2021 04:00 PM Zurich

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 912 2534 4885
Passcode: 1UPpg1

Meeting will be from 16:00 to 16:40
a 20 Minute Break follows
Second Meeting will be from 17:00 to 17:40

Link will follow…

There will be no need to install anything on your Workstation you will be using to view this!

Anyone interested to join in, really with “hands on” should ideally have a NethServer with @mrmarkuz Zabbix Module installed in and running, but if possible not further configured except for changing the Admin password.

People running Zabbix on a seperate server can also profit from this, but I won’t be covering that explicitly.

Scope:

• First steps on a fresh Zabbix installation
  • Adding Hosts & Templates
  • Creating a first decent Map, then maybe more maps
  • Creating decent Graphs to show in Screens
  • Combinig Screens and maps to create a cool “Houston Control” type screen for a fast overview.
  • Reporting events by mail or “Webhook”
  • Conclusion

Additional Materials as a ZIP file, downloadable here:
https://www.anwi.ch/downloads/Zabbix_Hands-On_Training_File.zip

I will also attempt to record the session and provide it for those who can’t make it.

My 2 cents
Andy

My Zabbix at home:

11 Likes

My installation is waiting for being tortured by new knowledge… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Cool I’ll be there!!!

1 Like

so comfirming we have a ZAbbix training today at 4 PM CET which in my case is 6 PM EAT

1 Like

Zabbix Hands On Training will happen today, see the Header Post on top for details…

My 2 cents
Andy

Cough cough…
Link?

coming, not quite ready…

Zoom makes me cry sometimes.

Andy Wismer is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Zabbix Hands-On Training 2
Time: Feb 4, 2021 05:00 PM Zurich

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 985 4191 3201
Passcode: 4RnJgC

Hate it, but… :frowning:

https://meet.jit.si/Nethserver-Zabbix-Demo as an alternative?

1 Like

we switched to Jitsi

Downloading client…

1 Like

browser also works!

Already read…

Meeting id plis ?

Jitsi Meet

I think I missed it.

1 Like

Sorry couldn’t attend the training. Where is the recording. Pls share the link Andy

3 Likes

Well, seems i missed it since i joined two days ago in the first place :slight_smile: But, anyway, i would like to ask for the recording link and secondly, which software were you using to create this network map?

Thanks and best
jc

@justin_case

Hi there Justin.

It didn’t work out with the recording and we had to switch over to Jitsi as Zoom just wasn’t usable that day…

I actually use Zabbix as a “drawing / planning” tool, and I’ve recieved plenty of compliments about my network maps. And plenty of questions like yours, what are you using…
In my opinion, Visio still has a look & feel of the 1990s. Plenty of ATM symbols, although almost nobody uses ATM (Except maybe Telcos). But not a single non 19" UPS symbol…

If you want, I can give you a one on one, maybe using Anydesk and either Skype or Telegram for Chat, to get you up to speed on Zabbix and the possibilities this opens up!

Drop me a PM…

Add in your location, it would make time planning simpler. As you can see from my signature above left of every post, I’m based in North East Switzerland.

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes