Improvements for Nethserver-Collabora

the certs is allowed fun

one clue

[Mon Mar 01 19:23:14.382396 2021] [proxy:error] [pid 25334] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:9980 (127.0.0.1) failed
[Mon Mar 01 19:23:14.382453 2021] [proxy:error] [pid 25334] AH00959: ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (127.0.0.1) for 0s
[Mon Mar 01 19:23:14.382463 2021] [proxy_http:error] [pid 25334] [client 192.168.56.5:47144] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: 127.0.0.1

A’m (re)installing…

2 Likes

this sucks; :rage:

Works like a charm here…

Are existing installations affected by these enhancements and configuration issues?

No, it’s still testing.

2 Likes

I could reproduce. @mark_nl @stephdl

You need to set a DNS entry/alias for nextcloud.domain.local either on the Neth if it is DNS server or local via /etc/hosts.

From the Nethserver a ping to nextcloud.domain.local does not work if there’s no entry and therefore collabora doesn’t work.

It’s maybe a Nextcloud bug as it should set the alias for it’s vhost…

Steps:

• Install nethserver-nextcloud
  • Set Nextcloud vhost to nextcloud.domain.local and add to trusted domains in Nextcloud settings in cockpit
  • Set DNS entry on client in /etc/host or \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • Install nethserver-collabora (yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.9.2009/nethforge-autobuild/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-collabora-0.1.2-1.10.pr8.ga2fb9a4.ns7.noarch.rpm)
  • Go to Nextcloud, get the error
  • Add DNS entry for nextcloud.domain.local
  • Working.
1 Like

Still development, not even released for testing :grinning:

@stephdl found a strange issue and do not understand it (yet) …
After setting a virtual host for nextcloud i get this:

# config show | grep Domain
DomainName=
    DomainRedirection=
    TrustedDomains=nextcloud.testdomain.test
    LetsEncryptDomains=

then config get DomainName results in null (empty) why is Domain empty now ??

how.?. :cake:

config set DomainName havak.nl
[WARNING] configuration DB: DomainName is deprecated on ns7 and read-only!

So seems another method is needed to get the default domain…

Isn’t it config setprop nextcloud setprop nextclouddomain.org ?

config get DomainName can still be used to get the server domain.

Same as nethserver-collabora as-is setting a virtual host does not result in a (local) resolvable hostname.

(same for sogo and mattermost actuality…)

1 Like

OK, so one just needs to know…I rarely use these vhost options :innocent:

How do you reach nextcloud.domain.local in this case;
I mean if nextcloud.domain.local is not resolvable how can a user get there and try to use collabora ?

Set an alias/DNS entry for nextcloud.domain.local in the Nethserver.

Usually you just have a working public domain and no problems. The issues are all about making it work with internal names.

I’m fine with that the admin needs to care about resolvable DNS.

If you do not set a virtualhost for nextcloud it works because the server domainname is resolvable.

Please note, I am not saying there is nothing wrong…
And try hard to reproduce…

That is the point I do not get…
How can a user be logged in to nextcloud while the hostname of the virtual host for nexcloud is not resolvable; causing collabora not to work ?

Reproduced this, so going to restart (or reload) dnsmasq. While suspect this is caused by setting a Vhost /trussted-domain for nextcloud, better to be save then sorry.

1 Like

Because I (and I assume @stephdl too) did not set a DNS entry for nextcloud.domain.local on my DNS server/Nethserver, I set it locally in the hosts file. This way I could reach Nextcloud from the client but Nextcloud cannot reach collabora as the name on the server could not be resolved.

1 Like

I’d propose to add the server domain to the allowed WOPI hosts like

#Server FQDN
AllowWopiHosts=`/usr/bin/hostname`

#Server domain
AllowWopiHosts+="|`/sbin/e-smith/config get DomainName`"

I think it’s necessary to allow the default Nextcloud domain. Maybe we should only set it when the Nextcloud virtualhost is unset :thinking:

#Nextcloud virtualhost
if [[ -n `/sbin/e-smith/config getprop nextcloud VirtualHost` ]]; then
    AllowWopiHosts+="|`/sbin/e-smith/config getprop nextcloud VirtualHost`"
else
    #Server domain
    AllowWopiHosts+="|`/sbin/e-smith/config get DomainName`"
fi

My suspecion is how the gui sets the nextcloud TrustedDomains prop. :thinking:

this does not seem to be the same as:

config setprop nextcloud VirtualHost <VHOST>.<DOMAIN_NAME>
config setprop nextcloud TrustedDomains <VHOST>.<DOMAIN_NAME>
signal-event nethserver-nextcloud-update
2 Likes

It seems the FQDN is automatically set as Nextcloud trusted domain but not the domainname.
I think it’s common use to have a FQDN like server.domain.tld and just use domain.tld for reaching the apps but it’s not covered in other apps too.

2 Likes

Thank for your patience, I need to test again indeed, my nextcloud webhost was probably not resolved

1 Like