HowTo install GLPI 9.4.4 on NethServer 7.7

I managed to almost get it all working but I think the issue is mosquitto-auth-plugin doesn’t seem to be available to link Mariadb to mosquitto I did manage to get ldap working and saml to a point (need to configure a source to generate the glpi metadata)

glpi gets a nice console line interface to manage the upgrade : https://glpi-install.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command-line.html

1 Like

still a long journey, I think we won’t have a migration path from the old version to 9.5.5

3 Likes
2 Likes

Quite I get something basically workable

Did you explore the LDAP side ?

Admin experiences are welcome

2 Likes

thank @Shane_Treweek I want to release this GLPI version and write the documentation part with screenshots for the authentication

What plugin do you use yourself with GLPI ?

I use flyve (or trying to setup just need to compile glpimodauth) and fusion inventory and php-saml I’ve tried to install your latest module on arm seems to only be missing php-sodium I was going to compile but found its been done in fedora 32bit haven’t had time to test but your package works out of the box for arch64 RPI

Not sure where I saw it but I remember seeing a setup that integrated glpi with zabbix and zammad

1 Like

Glpi and zammad, that I want to see

1 Like

why zammad and glpi, they are both ticketing system ?

Not sure to understand too for zabbix

maybe it sync the ticketing systems to make use of one solution,
But at time sit gets so bad when almost every software bundles their own ticketing system, then its becomes confusion,

hum…never seen a car with two steering wheels

@stephdl

Salut Stéphane!

Actually, there are such cars, often for driving teachers…

But Martin’s right, a lot of packages include a TTS. Maybe not the best or the most features, but basically workable - and integrated.
Eg: Dolibarr.
Then there are TTS Systems, which do only that, eg. Zammad, OTRS, Best Practical RT…

These are more “Best of Breed” products, that is, top end products in that specific category…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

hows flyvemdm coming along for you so far

Actually still trying to get everything working the issue of the glpimodauth need building is still on my to-do list but has been temporarily shelved while I worked on getting the other aspects of the RPI (which I had as stage 1on my personal nethserver pi roadmap) working which I can say is now finished and working.

Stage 2 is getting glpi, zammad, zabbix and mesh central working on rpi.

Stage 3 is then designing a cluster preferably with a plug and play design (i.e Have it setup so you’d have a case with slots for RPI caddies that could have individual nethserver instance that should be run on a dedicated server then simply slot in the upgrade)

Back to flyve the documentation is targeting debian but it seems to be able to work with android iPhone Mac Linux and windows interms of administration

A security Update for GLPI latest. Version 9.5.6 is available
Release 9.5.6 · glpi-project/glpi (github.com)

1 Like

already done but thank for the warning :wink:

2 Likes

how exactly can one define a virtual host or reverse proxy of sorts for glpi for that its accessible through glpi.domain.tld instead of domain.tld/glpi

i usualy just use the optional nethserver reverse proxy set name to glpi.domain.tld and destination to http://domain.tld/glpi tick options Require SSL encrypted connection, Accept invalid SSL certificate from target and leave the last option unticked