How to create QoS rules in 7.5?

(Matthieu Gaillet) #1

Hi there,
I’m back after a long absence due to my second son born on 25 april :star_struck:

I came back and installed the latest release with all due interest.

Question :

How to create those rules ? I went to the Traffic Shaping tab and tried to create a rule but wasn’t able to specify any priority.

BTW, I remember that QOS for VOIP traffic was handled automatically. Does it still apply ?

Txs

Matthieu

Second Son of pagaille is born
NethServer 7.5 released
(Matthieu Gaillet) #2

Reply to self : one has to create a traffic shaping class first by going to https://mattlabs.gaillet.be:980/en-US/TcClasses

The class appears in the Action dropbox when creating a new firewall rule.

Not so intuitive IMHO.

(fpausp) #3

Congrats Matthieu and welcome back !

Do you know, is it possible to get QOS with just one Interface (green) or do I need also a 2nd one (red) for Traffic Shaping ?

I use a Linux Firewall and the NethServer as GW for/btw my Clients…

(Giacomo Sanchietti) #4

This happens only on updated installations if you didn’t have any QoS rule before.
In the new installed machines, and on updated machines with QoS rules, the classes are automatically created.

(Davide Principi) #5

Welcome back mate! I’m really happy for you and your family, congratulations :tada:

Now it’s time to push the pedals :biking_man: I know we’ve a lot of great cyclists here :wink:

(Michael Kicks) #6

Is there a workaround for help creating QoS rules, for updated installations?

(Giacomo Sanchietti) #7

The one suggested by Matthieu by following the manual.

(Matthieu Gaillet) #8

Hi @fausp actually I’m not sure to understand how nethserver can be used as a gateway without a second interface…