So I did it again…
Complete fresh installation from iso 7.4.1708 + updates and hotsync as slave.
I named the server “slave.jeckel.lan”.
Setup a NS7 AD “all-in-one-box” with 1x red + 1x green, Proxy, FW, IPS, ufdb, openvpn, samba, NC, Sogo, ntop, bandwidth. Installed hotsync and enabled rsync on both machines. Tested hotsync with manual command. o.k. waited about 1,5 hours checked the logs and saw hotsync-cron running.
Everything’s fine so far.
Sendet a mail from admin to user and return (Sogo), created a event in Sogo. Created a file in NC with user. Created a samba share and put a file in it. Created a white list and a black list domain in webfilter.
Created my own selfsigned server certificate on command line, with rootC and serverCA for HSTS problem with newer opera, chrome and firefox versions and confirmed that that worked.
Then switched off master and did hotsync-promote on slave.
As if by magic, the machine started to install every module and set it self up as new master.
Now checked the interfaces: configuration of green and red o.k.
Share is here with file, NC-login works, file is present, white + black list is present, IPS rules are correct, FW rules are correct, ntop works. SSH port is set to 2222. VPN settings are correct.
So far so good. Seems that most things are working after my “virtual desaster”.
But a few little things are missing:
Sogo login works, event is synced, but no mail account is set.
But mails are present in vmail folder.
When I go to graphs it shows the old FQDN with unknown host:
In Domain accounts the part under “join is o.k.” is missing:
The accounts provider page is correct. Users and groups are present.
If I find anythings else I will report.
Nevertheless is this a geat work!! And it’s still in beta, so clearly not everythings is working perfectly.
So long my friends.